Skip to main content

South Africa!

Hey everyone!

I'm back from possibly the best 10 days ever in South Africa- I hope you enjoyed the two guest posts and didn't miss me too much ;)

So to summarise and tell you all about it I'm just going to run through our time there! (As you may have guessed, there was no wifi at the place we were staying, hence no updates while I was away)

After travelling for a good 26 hours or so, we finally reached Johannesburg and got on a coach up to where we were staying. Here's a quick snap on the way, the views were seriously gorgeous!



When we got there we just sorted rooms, settled in and had food etc before sleeping for a while. The next day was when the real fun began, and waking up to a huge moth hanging outside our front door and a beautiful sunrise is definitely something I'm missing right now.



On this day we got to go on our first game drive and organise our research topics and groups, before doing some pilot data collection on Monday. There were loads of antelope and warthog around the site, as well as a few zebra and some birds, but on Tuesday we went to Pilanesberg national park, and we saw pretty much everything except predators- so here are these pics!








It seriously was easily one of the best days of my life, seeing all of the animals- even if they aren't 100% wild, they certainly seem it. Anyway, back where we were staying we had to do 4 days worth of data collection for our projects, which for us involved seeing lots and lots of antelope, then we had to analyse and present it the last couple of days, so not much happened in terms of picture taking.


During one of our data-collecting days however, we saw a couple of baby goats only a few hours after being born. They were so cute and fluffy! I need one to keep in my garden please? 


I feel like the 10 days away from the internet, blogging and any generally less interesting work, alongside being in Africa, has really opened my eyes to the World. It's impossible to explain how, but I feel like I have much more respect for it, and tolerance towards people, and I feel so much calmer knowing that beautiful places like this exist. Also, there's a little bit of the sense that you really can do anything you set your mind to if you set it up right.


Until next time, Africa. 

Comments

  1. Lovely post, I'm happy that you enjoyed the trip :D Those baby goats look adorable I need one in my life <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're so beautiful and fluffy and soft and gah I need one too!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a