Skip to main content

Swatch Watch: OPI 'Sprung'

Greetings!

Wooo time got away from me for a couple of weeks. Has it really been so long already? My apologies to any of you who have been eagerly waiting for new swatches (I know I have)! To make it up to you I've got a swatch for you today which, in my opinion, is pretty "in season" right now. I'm talking about the Rose Gold trend that's been going on for a year or two now - who would of known it would become so popular?

Today's nail polish is: OPI 'Sprung'. It sounds like it should be a spring green kinda colour... but nope! This polish is a beautiful rose-gold kind of colour with a perfect amount of shimmer to be classy and sophisticated. Don't believe me? Here it is!



Fact File:
Brand: OPI
Polish Name: Sprung
# of coats: 3 + (applies quite thin)
Finishing Texture: Smooth, shimmer
Cost: £3.10 at the time of writing, on tnbl.co.uk



So I paired this polish with this gel-finish dotty topcoat... thing. That sadly, has no name, and was bought by my roommate so I'm not even sure where to find it. Cute though, right?



Back to the actual OPI polish... It has a wonderful shine that could be a multichrome polish if it tried just a little bit harder to define the gold and bronze-pink shades in the light. However, don't take this the wrong way, because the polish itself is really beautiful. It's a perfect neutral shade for me (someone who doesn't like neutral polishes). I think it's the shimmer that makes the polish for me, it just wouldn't be the same without it.



My few bad points about this polish however, is that it takes a few coats to apply evenly. The first coat looks kinda streaky, and needs to be built upon with at least 2 more layers. (Therefore this isn't a good polish if you want something quick-drying). Once you reach opaqueness there are no streaks present though, which is great! Removing the polish is also a little bit of a pain due to the tiny pieces of shimmer that are present, but the polish did stay on with only a small amount of wear at the tip for a good 7 days. (Yay, OPI!).



To end on a positive, above you can see two images taken using the flash. It really helps to capture the rose shade present in the polish and just screams "rose gold!" to me. Plus, at £3.10, it really is a bargain. (I hope it stays in stock for you guys!). 

Before I leave again, I have a small life-update for you all! I leave the US in a mere 7 weeks or so (ahhhhh what???) and return to the UK. That means it's only a few months until uni starts again, and only like a year until I graduate (whuut). Everything is becoming so real and I'm starting to plan what to do in this weird thing known as the "Future". As in, post-uni. I've been considering studying Law for around a year now and I've come to the decision that it is probably the perfect fit for me, and so that is what I am going to do. I am determined and ready to claw my way into a law firm, which may mean a drop in posts again, or posting even more sporadically than I'm doing so now. For that I would like to apologise in advance, but I hope that you can understand and support me while I figure my life out! Thank you all! 

Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you all again very shortly :)

BloglovinFacebookInstagramTwitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a