Skip to main content

Bling It On! Review

One of my most recent purchases of the month, was Nails Inc's Bling It On-Emerald! I fell in love with the polish colour when I saw it on the stand, it really is a beautiful colour.
Average Overall Rating: 9/10
Colour & Effect: 10/10
Durability: 10/10 -Amazing!
Removability: 6/10 without glitter- The colour stains a bit.
                 4/10 with the glitter- The glitter is really hard to take off!



The "Bling It On! Emerald" kit comes with! Queen Victoria Street nail polish, a little bottle of emerald-green coloured "Bling" (glitter), an application tray to avoid mess and savour the sparkle and an adorable sparkly green brush.

Queen Victoria Street polish is the (darker) green you see here (highlight nail is the Queen Victoria Street covered by Nails Inc's Holographic polish)


Now the whole idea with the kit, is that you paint one coat of the Queen Victoria Street polish onto the nail, and then roll the nail around in the glitter which has been poured into the application tray (when wet, of course)
 And then voila! Pretty sparkle for everyone to see! 
Now, let's talk about the bad sides to this very very very pretty effect. Taking it off. Before I bought it, I asked the Nails Inc woman how you would take it off, and her reply was to file off the majority of the glitter before trying to remove the whole thing with strong polish-remover, as in remover containing a lot of acetone. And I have to admit, it is quite hard to remove, but if you're planning on keeping the effect on for quite a while (i.e. Longer than the 2 days that I've been wearing it for) then it is completely worth it! It'll just take a bit of patience and an old nail file (so you don't ruin your favourite one!).
I leave you with one last (slightly blurred) moment of epic green!
Will you be buying the Nails Inc Emerald green kit? What are your thought on it? :)
If you have any questions, just ask away!
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m