Skip to main content

New Polishes and all that Jazz~

Hello there :)
I'm assuming you're still liking the reading-my-blog thing since you're still here and reading :D And if you're new, then welcome to Nail Parade, please enjoy your stay, don't forget to subscribe while you're here, and do come again soon!



Anyway, during my trip to America and the Bahamas, I made a journey of self-discovery...
Nah, not really, it just sounded good to say :P
I did make a journey of polish-discovery, as I discovered the wonder that is OPI. Now, yes, I've had OPI polishes in the past, but they were all mini ones and kinda dried out a bit before I got the chance to use them, so I did an upgrade! I bought 4 OPI's while I was away, and also my very first Essie nail polish. They were surprisingly cheap (well, compared to the prices here in England) and wow, they are 100% worth every single penny I would have paid anyway! I love them to pieces, here are the colours:
From left to right: "What wizardry is this?" (Oz The Great and Powerful range, Liquid Sand), Designer Series (DS) Reflection, Live or Let Die (007 range) 

And this one is "Get your number" (Whitney Houston range, Liquid Sand)

And the Essie colour is "Trophy Wife" and is very very very similar to Barry M's Teal (metallic colour), except it has a bit more shimmer in it :)

So, what do the colours look like on? They look amazing, that's for sure :P
The only one I don't have a proper finger-swatch for is Live or Let Die, but I painted a fake nail so you can see on that :D

What Wizardry is This? 
I absolutely adore this colour! It's nice and neutral, yet it was such an interesting appearance and such a shimmery effect. It's pure beauty in a bottle!
(and it also matches my sun tan!)

Get Your Number
Another liquid sand polish, that I absolutely adore, despite the fact that it spilt all over my nail polish bag on the way home. It's even more sparkly, and you just can't capture the amazing sparkle the polish actually contains in these photo's.



DS Reflection
I picked this up choosing from the swatches that the store had out. It was between this and a slightly holographic silver one, but I have one like that by Nails Inc so I went with this one. And it's so pretty! It's a lovely shade and it's so shimmery that it's just perfect! :)



Essie "Trophy Wife"
This colour is so similar to Barry M's Teal, but I just can't resist this colour, it's so beautiful. Plus, this one has a very slight shimmer to it, which Barry M's is missing (what a shame...) and it has a slightly different light-reflection colour... if that makes sense...! Anyway, here's some pictures :)



(Here's a quick image-reminder of what Barry M's Teal looks like)

Live or Let Die
So, to be honest, I'm not 100% sure that I like this colour, I guess I'm going to have to try it out properly first to see. But generally, it's a very very very dark polish, possibly an extremely dark green (it's hard to tell!) with lots of shimmer-sparkle in it. The sparkle is very pretty, and it kind of reminds me of the stars really. Anyway I shall let you decide for yourselves, tell me in the comments what you think!

(I know the photo isn't very clear, it was the best I could get to capture the sparkles).

Me and my friend are in for an exciting day tomorrow which includes painting nails (of course...), reviewing Barry M Gelly Polishes (which we've been planning like FOREVER!) and drooling over Mr. David Tennant's face. :) Expect a post from the two of us some time tomorrow! :D

So! What do you think of my newest purchases? Love or loathe them, leave your opinion in a comment!

xxx

Comments

  1. Love What Wizardry is This? It is on my wish list and I may just have to go and buy it now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adore it too, you should definitely go and buy it! =) It looks even prettier in person in the sunshine too, like super duper sparkly, I love it so much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m