Skip to main content

"Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?"*

*This post contains items which were supplied by Born Pretty Store in return for an honest review. In this post, these items are the "Frozen Water Decals"

Or would you rather do your nails? Why don't you do both!?
Introducing, these wonderful water decals featuring images from Disney's Frozen!




This was actually my first time using water decals and I honestly found that they were super duper easy and not as fiddly as I'd expected! Plus, they're just so cute, and check out that detail! (Remember you can click an image to view a larger version.)


I got one sheet of decals, of the type which are usually around 95p on Born Pretty Store, and had 20 separate designs on them- only a couple of which were repeated! The designs include...


Sassy Elsa's "The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway" pose.


Disney's Frozen logo.


Cute Anna pose!


Marshmallow the snow-monster, Sven, Anna and Hans, and everyone's favourite Snowman- Olaf!

They're so easy to apply, you literally just cut out the single design, submerge it in water along with your nail of choice, then (out of the water) you just slide the design right off the backing paper and onto your nail, where it can be moved around freely for a short while before it dries. After that you just have to mop up any excess water using a tissue, and then seal it on with a topcoat. Beautifully easy!

One of the only con's of water decals, and specifically these ones, is that you can tell that it's not your own amazingly detailed brush strokes that's created the design- so if you're into people not knowing you've "cheated" just bare in mind on the designs you choose! You can check out Born Pretty Store's range of Water Decals here!

But wait... there is more! Before you rush off to buy some, Born Pretty Store have kindly provided a 10% off code for all of my lovely readers (that's you!). Just enter it in the checkout- though it won't work on any items that are already discounted. Here's the code- it'll always be in the sidebar on the right, so don't worry about finding this post again to use it.
REEG10

If you do buy something, I'd love to know what you chose- so be sure to drop me a comment below!

Comments

  1. I am not a Frozen fan but these decals look great and this is a lovely review. I don't think decals are cheating - I definitely think people need to embrace all the wonderful media that we nail peeps get to stick to our digits :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you there, though I still feel like I'm "cheating" a little because of how easy it is hehe. And people don't tend to be quite as impressed- but who cares! ;D

      Delete
  2. These decals are brilliant! My flatmate would love them, I've never done decals before! Are they easy? Could be a good birthday present... Lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were sooooo easy, I was pleasantly surprised! I'd definitely do a tester one on a bad design or something just for a practice but they're super easy ^^ I wrote a teeny tutorial in my post if you missed it! :)

      Delete
  3. Goodness, is there nothing you can't get frozen on? Not a fan of the film, but the quality of the decals looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's everywhere! You'll be glad to know that there's a sequel coming out :P

      Delete
  4. These are so cool!!!!! Thanks for posting this, now I have the perfect Christmas present for my Niece. xxxXXxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'm sure she'll love them! :) x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a