Skip to main content

Yellow, it's Me!

Hey everyone!

Today I bring you a swatch of a polish with a very punny name. Behold, "Yellow it's Me" by Nicole by OPI.



I'm wearing 5 (fairly thin, yet decent) coats of this polish, surprisingly, and this is due to how sheer the polish is. All images are also taken indoors but near a window. 


So as you can see, and probably figured out from the name of the polish, this is a beautiful shade of yellow. It's kinda pastelly, yet it leans more towards the brighter side, though still manages to hold up to be a gorgeous colour, especially for Springtime.



The polish also has a bit of a twist to it, as it contains a gorgeous orange shimmer element to it. I dunno about you but it just screams "BEES!" to me and would be an awesome polish to add black stripes to for your very own buzzy-bee nails. 


I feel like that little shimmer just adds some extra ta-daaa for me, and even shifts it onto my hypothetical top polishes list. Of course, there is a downside of it taking so many coats to build up to this colour, but if you can be patient with the polish, it will serve you well. 


What do you think of the polish? I'm seriously in love with the shade, my favourite yellow ever!


And so my dears, I must buzz you goodbye for now after leaving you with this glorious swatch. I should go study (yay...). 
Just before I leave, however, I wanna let you know that I won't be posting any more huuuge posts until post-exams, simply because I have left my camera at home. I will however be updating you with any of my instagram pics in posts and have a couple of text-only posts (which I will spruce up with google images, don't worry) for you to read. 

Anyway, have a great week and I shall catch you on Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a