Skip to main content

Cute Hearts| Breast Cancer Awareness Week

Hello!
Serious topic this week, over the next 5 days, I'll be posting 5 different designs each containing a pink feature to try and raise awareness for Breast Cancer. In each post I'll include a tutorial, and a 'how you can raise awareness'.

How You Can Raise Awareness
Today's is so simple, all you have to do is wear a pink ribbon! Wearing the pink ribbon shows that you're supporting Breast Cancer Care, and it doesn't matter how you wear it!

Monday's Design: Cute Hearts!
Today's design is super easy to do, and looks so cute! Plus it's actually the first design I've thought of 100% on my own :D
All you need to complete this design is 3 nail polishes!
Ta-Daa!


So all you have to do is:
Paint the base colour on your nails! I've used Barry M Matte Caramel (the beige/nude) and Crush (the burgundy)
They're just so pretty! I love the mattes so much, they're just so amazing!

So next, to make the basic heart shape; (I used Barry M 'Hot Pink')
You just have to paint one line, straight down the side of your nail, like this:
And then add another one at a slight diagonal. Voila!

Repeat this on all of your nails, and then repeat again with the third colour! :) I used Barry M Royal Textured Glitter in Princess for the centre of the heart. 
For the ring finger I just used 'Princess' as a french mani tip for a nice highlight nail that wasn't too plain.

Here's a few more pics in different angles/lighting:









Hope you like it! And don't forget it's all to help raise awareness for Breast Cancer. 
Let me know if you try out the design! ^^
~Rachel

Comments

  1. Such a good idea! Love your nails.
    And it's amazing that you want to raise awareness it's such an important thing and this is the platform to do it.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It was actually Kerrie (Pish Posh and Polish)'s idea, so thank her for that :D Hope you share the post around so other people are aware too!

      Delete
  2. I love what you've done here! I'm definitely going to try that technique for the heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Make sure you share when you try it? :D

      Delete
  3. As a sufferer, thank you for supporting the cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, sorry to hear that sweetie! I hope you're getting better :) And it's a great cause to support!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad so many people like it :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute design! I'm definitely going to try this out soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m