Skip to main content

Lake Tahoe Travels!

Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts- I've been enjoying the sun too much ;)

Before I jump into the main point of this post, I have a few updates to share with you- read as few or as many as you like:

Life stuffs: I return to the UK on Tuesday and will get back to blogging regularly from either Wednesday or Friday. I'm also going to be doing an NVQ in Nail a Technology to help me get a job whilst at uni, so whilst I'll be doing a looooot of nails, I won't be showcasing any of them on here. I will however still be doing my own nails too, and that is what will be posted so don't worry about that! 

Nail stuffs: One of the first posts for when I get home will include some items I received for review, so keep your eyes peeled for that! There'll also be a few swatches too, and hopefully some other fun things!

Book stuffs: Some time last week I finished reading The DUFF (designated ugly fat friend) by Kody Keplinger, which I will get round to reviewing at some point. In short though, it's a pretty unique, fairly relatable book, but I didn't love it. Currently I'm reading Written in Red by Anne Bishop which I'm finding pretty darn good so far!

And that's it! On with the post....



At the weekend I had the pleasure of visiting Lake Tahoe, on the California/Nevada state line. It's such a beautiful place, I was literally breath taken by it (well, and it's fairly high up and I don't deal too well with altitude). Seriously though if I was to tell everyone to go to one particular place in their lifetime, it would be here. 
Obviously it's Summer at the minute, and so there wasn't any snow on the mountains which surround it when we were there, but I've been told that it looks even more beautiful with the addition of snow, so it really doesn't matter what time of year you'd visit. During the Winter though it's full of ski resorts and the likes, whereas during Summer there's more watersports and what I'd call 'adventure' activities (climbing etc.). 

So on the Saturday we were there, we went up the Heavenly Gondala and chairlift to the top of one of the mountains. Not gonna lie, those things kinda freak me out with the height and the steepness and everything but it's safe, don't worry! The views from the very top were beautiful, so it was definitely worth it anyway! We went to one of the lakeside beaches to chill afterwards, before going to eat dinner at a restaurant on the lakeside. Seriously, try and eat dinner on the lakeside around sunset because it is stunning!


And on Sunday we took a boat ride across the lake and back, which was a really nice way to get a different perspective on the scenery and was also really informative as they had a little tour guide type voice coming out of the speakers. 

Lake Tahoe, we shall meet again someday! 

Hope you liked this post! If you don't already, make sure to follow the blog on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram so you don't miss a thing!

See you all very soon! Take care :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a