Skip to main content

I have returned!

Hey everyone!

So I've returned from my travels (albeit minus my suitcase thanks to a power surge in Heathrow), and I guess that means I should get back to doing things instead of lazing around in the sun most of the day. And thus, this post was born- yay!

Before my return, I had a rather busy weekend, beginning with a Darius Rucker concert (with support from Brett Eldredge, A Thousand Horses and Brothers Osbourne, who were all amazing) on Friday night.
On the Saturday I went to the mall and purchased Urban Decay's new Naked Smoky palette which is absolutely stunning... and also in the suitcase which has yet to be returned to me (sadface). After that excitement I took a trip to the Winchester Mystery House for a tour- which was designed by one crazy, but super interesting, lady. The house has loads of 'micro stairs' which are just a few centimetre sabove the ground before them. There's also windows which looked into walls, and doors into drops of several feet. But it was pretty good, despite being really odd. They also do a flashlight tour which covers the hauntings of the house, which I hope I get the chance to do at some point!
During Saturday evening we went bowling, which was also super fun!

Now onto Sunday... We took a trip to Safari West, which is like an African Safari but in California. It was pretty cools, even if it doesn't quite add up to being in South Africa itself. The animals were however more used to the trucks, and people, which meant they would get closer to you, so I managed to get face to face to a giraffe!


That was my animal fix for the trip! And then on Monday I got all packaged up and ready to come home, before landing Tuesday afternoon and finding out my suitcase (along with many, many other's suitcases) got left behind in Heathrow.
Hopefully everyone gets their cases and bags back!

Anyway, with my return to the UK, comes a return to regular posts, and a couple of items ready to be reviewed. So expect a new Blogger's Bookshelf post on Friday to kick things off, before diving into those two product reviews. In the mean time, I'll go and prepare more posts for you! I've also booked my Nail NVQ training, so will post any tips and tricks I learn whilst doing that.

And I think that's all I have for you today! So pop back on Friday to check out that book post, and everything will be fine and dandy. I hope you all had a good few weeks without me, and did something fun for yourself!

BloglovinFacebookInstagramTwitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a