Skip to main content

OPI "Comet in the Sky"*

*This post contains items which have been for review by nailpolish.co.uk. In this post these items are "OPI Comet in the Sky" and "Seche Vite Topcoat" 

Hey everyone!

So, as promised, I'm back with post 2.0 for OPI's Comet in the Sky polish which was kindly sent to me by nailpolish.co.uk
You can check out the super messy part 1 right here! Hopefully with this post you'll be able to see the glitter in a much better light and also decide which colour you think it looks best on!
Without further ado, here are some preeeeetty pictures.


Highlighted on the thumb nail is two coats of Morgan Taylor's "All White Now" followed by two coats of "Comet in the Sky". Layering the glitter over the white is a great way to see all the black flecks and small hexes, but you don't really see the pearly larger-glitters as much. Personally, not my favourite, but you may love it!

Over on this nail I've got two coats of Barry M's "Spring Green" followed by two coats of the glitter. I feel like this one is a little better than the white as you can see both the black and the holographic/sparkly glitter pieces yet they still don't show up very well so although I seriously love green it's still not my favourite. 

Back on here is Barry M's "Cobalt Blue" in two coats followed by two coats of the OPI glitter. The blue is actually a little bit brighter than came out in this photo but you can see all of the black dots (when you look hard enough) and other shades of glitter, so this one is a pretty decent choice for layering if you want to!

Next up is my favourite brown polish- Orly's Prince Charming, which you can get for only £9.95 right here. Here's two coats of that with another two coats of glitter over the top. Once again, all of the flecks of glitter show up, but also the larger hex glitters are a kinda golden holo which on one hand is really nice and matches the brown shade, but also blends in a little. The smaller hex and flexes are a shiny green/blue so these can be seen and are really pretty! So this is definitely one of my favourite combinations. 
Over on my little pinkie nail I have two coats of my favourite shiny black polish, China Glaze's "Liquid Leather" which you can grab for a bargain £4.95. Finally, it was layered with 2 coats of the beautiful glitter and here you can see that you only get the sparkle glitters showing up. Which is fine by me! This is actually my favourite nail of the mani I think, and as I'm writing this I'm thinking it would be super beautiful with a matte top coat.  

Speaking of topcoats, I topped all of these beauties with a coat of Seche Vite's rapid dry topcoat, which made them super shiny and made them dry super quickly! Also this time round I began with a coat of Barry M's All in One as a base, and voila, I have had no chipping and it's been around 3 days.

So which base colours do you prefer!? I'm definitely liking the brown and the black mostly I think!

Before I leave you, if you're interested in buying "Comet in the Sky" by the wonderful OPI, you can grab it for only £6.95 from this link! If you're interested in a similar but different shade, there's a polish called "Snow Globetrotter" which is basically the same but features matte white mini-glitters instead of matte black. 

And so, I must bid you farewell young readers. Thanks for joining my quest to find the perfect base colour. I leave you with this nice arty image featuring "Prince Charming" in the foreground. I shall see you all very soon, have a wonderful week until then!

BloglovinFacebookInstagramTwitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m