Skip to main content

OPI Swatches from nailpolish.co.uk!

Hey everyone!

So this week I've been a bit of a mess, and this reflects a little in the carelessness of my nails, so I do apologise in advance. But the most important thing here is that you get to see the pretty colours that OPI have managed to create and that nailpolish.co.uk happily supplied me with!


I also used Seche Vite's quick-dry top coat in this mani, as both a base and a top coat. One word of advice for using that... Don't use it as a base coat, only as a top coat. Something about the formula makes it a really, really, really bad base coat - as in my nails are currently chipping left, right and centre. But it does what it says on the packet - it does dry quickly, and it has semi-protected my nails, just not from the base. (Though I must admit it never claims to be a base coat so this is my mistake)

Anyway, onto the pretty colours! Please note that all images are taken using the flash on my camera, though the colours are truly represented. 


The lovely wintery/vampy purple has the perfect name for this time of year - "Sleigh Parking Only" and we can all thank Gwen Stefani for the name and shade, as it came out in her 2014 Christmas Collection! For only £6.95 from nailpolish.co.uk, you really can't justify not adding this beauty to your collection. 


It's one of those wonderfully rich polishes that remind you (or at least they remind me anyway) of dark nights, and rich wine colours. Although in these images you can see a little bit of patchiness, it is only noticeable under the flash of a camera (I promise!), and the colour itself is rich and beautiful and drool-worthy. I've used two coats of the polish in all images here, though depending on the length of your nails, one may be good enough for you!



Now let's move onto the wonderful glitter "Comet in the Sky" which is also from the Gwen Stefani 2014 Christmas Collection! The images for this little beauty just don't do it justice. At all. It's a wonderful multi-sized, multi-coloured glitter polish, which shines gold, green, blue and even shines black (yes, black can shine) in some lights. All pics are with only 2 thin coats of the glitter polish.


Hopefully you can see here that there are some large hexagonal glitter shapes, as well as some medium sized ones and lots of little shards of gold and black. It's really beautiful as in some partial light it can look like tiny little flickers within the polish you're wearing underneath, whereas in full light you can see all the different textures of the glitters, giving it a pretty magical effect. 


Also, the name is just pretty dang accurate. It actually looks a bit like pictures of the solar system you can see, and I can just imagine one of the larger glitters being a comet in the foreground with all the stars and planets in the background. So pretty! This beauty is also a steal at £6.95 a bottle!


Before you all run off to buy these beauties or continue with your life, I'm going to fill you in on my plan for next week, as I just haven't done these colours justice yet. I'll be trying out "Sleigh Parking Only" paired with a pale peach, yellow or white (I am yet to decide which), and seeing if it stamps- I have a feeling it will. Also, I'll be testing out "Comet in the Sky" on a range of shades of polish, at the minute I'm thinking a white, green, blue, silver and black, but we shall see! So do make sure you check back, won't want you to miss anything!


I'll also be filling you in on how to use some of the other products that nailpolish.co.uk so kindly sent to me, so if you're interested in that check back very soon!
Should be a new post up by Monday - have a good weekend!

BloglovinFacebookInstagramTwitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a