Skip to main content

Life and Blog Update!

Greetings from Cali!

Nice to see you here again... or nice to see me here again? Sending my hugest apologies to you all for being so lame with posting things. Everything just happens to come around at once whenever I plan a post apparently.

If you didn't notice already, you may see that a few things have changed. The blue-tiful colour scheme is sticking around, but everything seems a bit sharper, fresher, more modern, yes? (I'm hoping you're saying yes right now). Yes! The blog went through a bit of a makeover and I must say I am loving the new interface personally, but I need to know what you think about it. Let me know in the comments below if you're loving it or hating it, and if there are any improvements or errors or suggestions that you have. I have some wonderful swatches planned for you guys, bought some new polishes, and hope to finally have a little bit of blog time to get back into the swing of things, I missed writing random posts about nails and blabbing on and on about things that I love (note that this includes nails, nail polish, books, nail polish, travelling, nail polish, animals and nail polish). It'll be great to return to all of it again!

So that's the blog update, but where did I run off to? I'm still out in California on my placement year for university, checking out itty bitty birds and writing notes on what they're doing (such a tough life, I know right?). Aside from this, I've had a couple of friends come over to visit so we took some very long but beautiful roadtrips to Hollywood, Universal Studios, Yosemite and Lake Tahoe and just had loads of fun basically. Here's a couple of pics for you to enjoy and wish you were here too.

Lake Tahoe at sunset - so beautiful and I didn't even edit this pic (promise!). 

An Allen's Hummingbird - not my study species, but very small and adorable nonetheless. 
If you didn't realise already, California is one of my favourite places (ever), and the diversity here is what makes it so for me I think. I'm literally living in a forest, in the mountains, 20 minutes away from the beach, and only 40 minutes away from a major city. There's just a little bit of everything and it's a perfect balance, not to mention the diversity of wildlife. I swear I keep discovering new things every day and adding stuff to my mental list of "things I must do before leaving", and yet time keeps creeping up and I will return to the UK in just a few short months to finish my degree (insert typical comment of "oh crap final year of uni!?!?!?"). And so that concludes my short and sweet life update. My life really is not that exciting, I don't know why I keep trying to update you all on this.

Anyway, in summary, look forward to some nail swatches coming up very very soon, and hopefully more regularly (encouragement is always welcome). Hope you are all well, and see you shortly!
BloglovinFacebookInstagramTwitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a