Skip to main content

Swatch Watch: ILNP Reminisce

Greetings all,

Since we last 'spoke' I have finished 13 Reasons Why, done many hours of work, waaaay too much laundry, dyed my hair, applied for a job, finished a book, and did my nails twice. One of these manicures was a fail, but you'll have seen it on my instagram story if you follow me on there! (If you don't, you should: @nail_parade). So, a pretty successful week, I'd say? How was your week? Hope you had a great one!

On with the wonderful manicure I have to show you today anyway. Today's polish is...
ILNP Reminisce... Fact file coming up very soon! This polish arrived in one of my ILNP nail mail orders, in which I got the following 5 very, very beautiful polishes (seriously, I'm in love). One of my favourite things about ILNP is that they come in these totally adorable fancy-schmancy boxes that make me feel like I'm opening something very exclusive.


So from left to right, you will see: Greatness, Harbour Island, Reminisce, Cygnus Loop and Masquerade.

And so, today, you will see Reminisce, but the others will most definitely be covered at some point in the near future, because they are so. dang. beautiful. *drools*

Fact File:
Brand: I Love Nail Polish (ILNP)
Polish Name: Reminisce
# of Coats: Two!
Finishing Texture: Very smooth, metallic, multichrome
Cost: $12.50 / £9.65 + p&p from ILNP.com

And so, let the magic begin...





This polish is one of the least colour-shifting ones that I bought, but the colours are actually my favourite. Mostly shifting between forest-green to teal to a deep royal blue, the polish is basically a summary of all of my top colours. In the two images below you can see that it reaches a bright lime-ish green under the flash of a camera.



It's such a super shiny, non-streaky polish, it definitely makes it to my hypothetical top 30 polishes list (maybe I should write one up some time... that would be hard though). Whilst the above polishes don't make the multichrome effect of this polish shiiiiiine, just take a look below, and you'll see what I mean (I like to save the best til last). Just look at that blue gradient, so stunning.





I also took a wonderful (if I do say so myself) instagram shot on my personal account, which you're totally free to follow also. Just look at that contrast!

A post shared by Rachel Star (@star_rach) on

So what are you thoughts?
If you didn't realise quite yet... I love this polish... and most polish, including the next one to be featured - Masquerade! Keep an eye out, it will be posted up here on Monday.

Until then, have a great weekend, and don't forget to leave a comment letting me know what you think, and also what to swatch next.
BloglovinFacebookInstagramTwitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a