Skip to main content

Nail-Free Three~ July

Good day everybody! I hope you're all well, this is coming to you from the beautiful California that is my Dad's home!
(This picture was at like 9am, it's much sunnier, warmer and brighter now! Also this is not literally his house, this was taken out of a window)


Anyway, I want to introduce you to a new section of my blog which will hopefully be renewed every month :D 
It's for those of you who want to see some other beauty and general products (no nail products? How will I cope!?), and it may surprise you to know that I actually do like general make-up too! 
So my "Nail-Free Three" will include:
*My Top Three General Products
*My Top Three Make-Up Items
*My "I hate thee" Fail-Three

And so, it shall begin! Apologies for any fails on the design-front here, it is being written from my iPhone app right now!

I hate to end on a negative, so instead, I'm gonna start with them!

"I hate thee" Fail-Three

Item One- Insects! 
Or, more to say, their bites. Apparently, either I'm allergic, or three out of five of the bites (that I'm aware of) have been infected-what are the odds?

Item Two-Antibiotics!
Oh how these do hate me. The first ones the doctor gave me didn't work (to treat my insect bites), and one of them was still spreading like crazy. Those antibiotics also made me feel super sick-especially on a morning when I woke up and when I was about to go to bed. These antibiotics in the picture are good though, my bites seem to be healing (as seen in the photo of my hand!) which is good, and they don't seem to have any side-effects apart from a little bit of heartburn every now and again! So, yay!

Item Three-My Eyelashes/Eyelash Curlers

My eyelashes are either super stubborn, my curlers are crap or I'm not using them right. But whichever way it may be, my eyelashes just won't curl! I think I'll hunt down some tips, and if I find any I shall let you all know. But if you have any eyelash curling tips then you know what to do! Just leave them in the comments :)


And onto the positives! 

Top Three General Products!
Yay, fun time!

Item 1: The Body Shop's Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator
£9.00 from The Body Shop

It's so easy to use, it smells great, it's quite a cleansing kind of formula too, and it works a charm! All you have to do is dampen your face, rub the exfoliator into your skin really nicely, and rinse it off before cleansing, or scrub it off with a flannel soaked in warm water :) It's a nice formula, it's quite gel-like but does foam up nicely and contains little particles of a sand-like substance which does all of the exfoliating! It's great! :) 

Item Two: Batiste Dry Shampoo!
Approximately £1-£3 depending on where you buy and what size you buy
Dry Shampoo is a must-have for any trip away from home. It's a quick and easy hair-freshen up no matter if you're male or female, and helps your hair last that one day longer til wash day! And, more importantly, Batiste also do different scents! So your hair can smell of cherries, or coconut or whatever smell you choose all day! 

Item Three: Soap & Glory Foam Call Body Wash
£6.50 from Boots for 500ml bottle 
Not much to say here, it's a lovely smell, super foamy and soft and leaves my skin feeling lush. Definitely recommended.

And to finish up...

My Top Three Make-Up Products!
I tried to be good here, honestly, so I've picked a lip product, an eyeliner and a mascara!


Item One: Rimmel London Apocalips
£5.99 in Boots or Superdrug, £5.50 on Fragrence Direct
This shade is "Galaxy"
^Freshly applied, super shiny :)
I don't actually have much to say about this apart from wow.
Wow, wow, wow.
This is amazing. I was kind of reluctant to buy it at first, simply because it's kind of a lipgloss, and I'm not fond of them.
But after looking at some reviews and talking to some friends who own the product, I went for it. And I'm so glad I did. It went against all of the reasons I dislike lipglosses-it's not sticky, it lasts for ages, it's just great! 

Item Two: GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliners
£4.99 from Superdrug stores

These eyeliners are great. I bought them cause they were on special for 2 for £8 or something along those lines, and wow, I am so glad I did! They're great, easy to apply, and last for ages. Definitely worth the £5 that's asked for :)

Item 3: Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara 


£7.99 in Boots & Superdrug stores

Well, let's go simple, it's a great mascara. No clumps. Nice lash separation. Good length. Good volume. Strengthens lashes so they're unlikely to fall out making them grow long :) It's just great!

So, some pics for you!
On my eyes I'm wearing GOSH eyeliner mentioned above in "Purple Stain" and 2 coats of Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Endless mascara.
And on my lips I have the Apocalips (Galaxy) :)



Hope you enjoyed this post and it's helped you in any buying decisions! If you've had any good/bad experiences with any products then leave a comment below, and if you have any top 3 products that I could try out for next month, I'd love to hear those too! 
Bye for now! 
Xxx

Comments

  1. I heat my eyelash curlers up a little bit using my hair dryer? Sounds mad but it makes the curl last longer I swear!

    Laura

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon I'd burn myself hahaha, but I'll give it a go, thank you :)
      Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a