Skip to main content

Shades: Gradient

This shade is "Gradient Nails" and to celebrate the unusually warm, sunny Summer weather we've been getting here in England, I went with an orange-yellow theme.
Aww, cute!
As you can see, you can do a highlight nail while keeping your ombre-gradients! All you've got to do is switch which way the gradient is going, so just flip over your sponge! :)


What you'll need to create this affect:
A make-up sponge! (You can use a bath sponge if you're all out of make-up ones, but beware, as you'll get loads of bubbles and bubble-imprints!)
The polishes you want to use!
And, of course, a clear/top coat! 

It's a really effect to create, too. All you have to do, is paint your nails (after treating your nails) with the lightest colour you're using, (or a white polish if they're all bright!), so for me, that's Model's Own "Banana Split"
Then, once you're ready, paint lines of each polish *in the order that you want them to go onto your nail* onto the make-up sponge, making sure there's plenty of polish on the sponge otherwise it'll dry out too soon and you'll get either no colour on your nails, or extremely bumpy nails! (Disaster!)
When you've done that, line up the sponge with your nail, and you want to roll it onto the nail first, so you get a decent base-coverage of the colours. Then just dab the sponge over the nail, moving it up and down so the colours blend together nicely :) 
And then once you're happy with your coverage and blending, go and do your other nails and finish up with a top coat! Yay! :D
The colours, as shown above, are Barry M's 3 in 1 Strengthening, Base & Top Coat (not 100% sure what the name actually is there...), Models Own Banana Split (It's a smelly polish, mmm!), Barry M's Gelly Mango and Rimmel's Sunshine (Lasting Finish). They were a great combo to use, and I'm very impressed with them all as general polishes :)
Plus, they're great Summer colours if any of you want a good one!

Enjoy some more picturey goodness!

Not the most attractive picture of moi...


And that's it! Hope you enjoyed this post and go and try out this look for yourself, it's great! :D
If anybody has any questions on how to carry out the ombre effect, leave them below and I'll be sure to answer them promptly!
If you have any other questions or comments, leave them below or tweet me @Nail_Parade
Don't forget to subscribe here, follow my twitter and follow me on bloglovin'!

M'wah! See you paraders soon!
xxx






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a