Skip to main content

Mail: It's the Most Sparkly Time of the Year!

Merry December everyone! You know what that means... You can't complain at the mention of Christmas anymore! Go on, get the tree up, and all the glitter out- you know you want to ;)

To kick off the December spirit, I cracked open some of my new things (see yesterday's post!), and got sparkly! Also, don't forget that you can click any images to enlarge them!



Mm mmm! I actually got two mani's out of the glittery nails before they started to wear out a little, and just changed the holo colours. So let's start with the glitters!


They come from this beautiful kit from Nails Inc- the Bling It On: Midnight set. Inside are 2 bottles of glitter, a brush, a 'glitter holder' thing for when you're rolling your nail in glitter, a mini Blenheim Terrace polish and a mini Kensington Caviar Top Coat.


The polish is a super rich dark blue, which shows through the glitter above. This glitter is made up of tiny little feather-like strips in colours of blue, grey and holographic, and can give a little of a pinky appearance in some lights, which you shall see later!


The other glitter is made up of tiny little grains in super dark blues and blacks, with a few grains which are more sparkly. However, after applying the top coat (which is pretty much vital as it ensures no glitter falls off), the glitter kinda dulled down, which was super disappointing but it made the odd flicker which did shine through even more exciting.

I guess this brings us onto the Holographic polishes then...? They're so beautiful, the images seriously don't do them justice- but here's some anyway. The two following polishes are both Color Club, and purchased from the Nail and Beauty Link. First up is "Angel Kiss" which is a stunning holo green.


I'd never had any coloured holographic polishes before these, and just wow. I genuinely never want to go back to normal polish! Just look at the way the light reflects on these- it's incredible!


I couldn't stop looking at my nails and experimenting with what colours I could see whilst it was on my nails. Absolutely amazing.


Finally, I have "Cosmic Fate" to show you which is a pretty pinky slight-coral shade, with added holographicness of course!


Just look at it! It makes me sad that it's no longer on my nails. And look at the glitter nail on the left too- it's catching the light in a slight pinky-way, which makes the pink holo match is even more perfectly.


Seriously in love with holo polishes. So in love. Here's a close-up for you all! (Yay, my camera obeyed!)


These polishes have successfully created a wonderful start to a shimmery, sparkly December. Here's to the run up to Christmas everyone!
Expect more Winter Wonderland magic on Wednesday- and I have a clue to what the post is on... let me know if you guess the theme in a comment below! ;)

Clue: The cold never bothered me anyway...

Comments

  1. These nails just make me so happy! I love this time of the year for the amount of sparkle that springs forth :D The ciate kit looked cool but it's a shame the glitter dulled :( All of those holos though <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sparkle is the best :D And holos are officially my new favourite polishes hehe!

      Delete
  2. So sparkly and pretty I love those color club holos just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOohhhh sparkly, I love me a good holo and these ones are STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could point me towards a few more? :D

      Delete
  4. I have seen the Nails Inc kits in TK Maxx and always passed over them as I thought they may be messy, but they look good. The CC holos have been my most reached for recently, particularly Kismet for some reason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah the Nails Inc kits really aren't as messy as you'd expect! The little trough thing that comes with it holds the glitter really well and has a little funnel end so you can get the glitter back into the pot easily :)
      And I nearly bought Kismet! I can't remember what changed my mind- probably everything else I bought!

      Delete
  5. Wow ! those holos look amazing! I'm not usually a fan of bar glitter, but that Nails Inc really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these glitters and holos look amazing together! Were they hard to remove? Or are you still rocking them both! These results just make holo nail polishes even more irresistible...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They all removed surprisingly easily, the holo's came off like a dream really, and I filed the glitter down a little before attacking it with the cotton ball but it didn't take any longer than a normal glitter polish :)

      Delete
  7. I really like the silver holo glitter but I can never be bothered with all that faff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, sometimes it's worth it though! :)

      Delete
  8. Holos and glitter? yes please! Although I'm not a big fan of loose glitter, what you did looks pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a