Skip to main content

LiL Challenge: Floral

Hello!
Today's prompt for Life in Lacquer's July Nail Art Challenge is Floral!
My initial reaction to this was "urgh. Great, I hate flowers." but then I found some really pretty designs around the internet and my spirits were lifted a little! (I really am crazy-impressed by a lot of these mind, they're so detailed and delicate and pretty)



I thought at first about doing a typical dotted-flower since it's nice and easy, and then I saw these two designs:
This really cute cherry blossom nail art can be found on "Did My Nails" here 

This pretty pink daisy nail art can be found on Pretty Tough Nails here.

So after pondering over which design to attempt as a highlight nail (I was feeling lazy- can you tell?), I went for the daisies.... And then made an absolute mess!


So I decided to add some gems.... And then split the packet open and everything so just decided to use them all!


OPI polish is "Frog in my Throat" and is a duo/multi chrome polish (I can't decide which...) that flickers mostly between golden and green tones, with the occasional flicker of a more coppery colour. 


The flower-thing was painted on using Barry M's "Hot Pink" polish and using a small-ish nail art brush. 


So yeah! It's not my best work ever again- I'm gonna take a break from my nail art brushes for a while haha. But that's my flower mani! I hope you liked it!


See you all soon!
~Rachel

Comments

  1. This is one of my favourites because it's really creative, I love rhinestones and I think it's great what you did with the flower x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a