Skip to main content

Wail: Mini Haul!

Hey everyone!
You better be having a good week (if not then hopefully the rest of the week will be a lot better)!
I decided to have a last minute post-reshuffle... Today's post will be showing a mini-haul, and Friday's post will reveal my pink mani!


Shopping Receipt:
Models Own "Shades" - £5 from Superdrug
Maybelline Express Finish "Khaki Green" - £1 from Poundland
Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Colour "Kinetic Copper" - £1 from Poundland
Sally Hansen Sugar Coat "Sweetie" - £1 from Poundland
Total: £8! Bargain! :)

So, yes... Poundland has been a rather large hit today! I was pretty chuffed to find some decent polishes in there, so make sure you all keep your eyes peeled when you're around your local Poundland store.

Let's start with a closer look at the Maybelline polish then!


The "express finish 40" part on the bottle is suggesting to me that it's a speed dry polish- exciting!


As for the colour, it's looking like a very satisfying army-camouflage green, and I can't wait to try it!


Moving on, I present to you a magnetic Sally Hansen polish! Remember when magnetic polishes were all-the-rage? Ahhh, good times.


This colour looks so amazing, I just can't wait to give it a try. It's reminding me of Autumn, so will definitely be a colour to pull out more in that time of year.


I'm hoping the magnetic effect will be pretty awesome, but we shall just have to wait and see, won't we? :)


That brings us to the next Sally Hansen polish, which is a pastel-looking yellow, which is actually a little split in the bottle, so I'm not entirely sure how well it'll work out, but since it was only £1, I'm willing to take the risk!


This cute, fun colour is called "Sweetie" and I think the Sally Hansen "Sugar Coat" polishes are textured polishes, so this will be a cute mani when I get round to trying the polish!



That leaves one more polish for us to cover then, and that is... this one!


Behold the bright glory of Models Own's "Shades" (which may be required for this polish), from their Polish for Tans collection.


This bright pink shade will be the perfect addition for the rest of the Summer days, and maybe even a nice cheerful shade to brighten up those Winter months. I can't wait to try this!


 Now before you disappear, I actually made one more purchase today that I wouldn't mind featuring on the blog... Introducing Rimmel's new mascara- it's "Wonder'full" (no really, that's the name of it...)

It's got a wonderful (...oops) new formula containing Argan oil, which is a moisturising oil, that's supposed to be able to moisturise and therefore help to strengthen your lashes- yay!


The shape of the packaging is adorable... I love it so much! And the mascara wand has lots of comb-like bristles which are perfect for grasping all of those lashes. Yet another thing that I can't wait to try, so I will keep you updated on this via twitter/facebook :) 


You can find this mascara in Superdrug/Boots for the currently discounted price of £5.99, though the discount can't last forever and will return to the original price of £7.99, so if you want it, snap it up fast!


And I do believe that covers all products, so I shall bid you farewell for now, and catch up with you all on Friday!
Also, if you're getting A2 or AS results tomorrow (Thursday), then Good Luck to you!! Feel free to share how you do- I'm sure you'll have done great!! 


See ya!
~Rachel

Comments

  1. Kinetic Copper is a lovely colour and I believe (from memory) that the effect is also great. Sweetie is a really pretty colour and another polish I already! The poundshops are a favourite of mine for polish, especially if you have a good rummage for the hidden gems. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo awesome! I can't wait to try them, I'll have to make sure I do soon before they get forgotten about :') I think poundshops may be my new favourite bargain place hehe, though they had a lot of extremely split polishes, but I'm up for digging!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m