Skip to main content

Mermaid Nails!*

*This post contains an item which was supplied by Born Pretty Store in return for an honest review. In this post, the item is "Mermaid Nail Studs"

Hey everyone!
Today I have another review item sent to me by Born Pretty Store- some pretty little mermaid nail studs!



These cute little items are made from some sort of thin metal material and come in a pack of 30 in a mixture of gold and bronze colour for only $2.46 (£1.57) - you can find them here! (Patter 29 is these mermaid ones)
So with these charms, I made a little underwater mani, but! Before I got a chance to clean up properly, I encountered a little bit of an issue, which I shall mention very soon...


To get the cute underwater effect, I stamped a cute little pattern (from Born Pretty Store too!) in Color Club's holo hues shades Angel Kiss and Cosmic Fate. The base colour I used was Barry M's silk "Forest".


This is plate number QA64 which can be purchased for $2.99 (£1.91) from here!


So onto the mermaid studs! At first, I thought these were going pretty well- I used the basic top coat technique for sticking them on (one layer of top coat, add the embellishment and then seal it in with another layer) - but they didn't appear to fully stick down because of the curved shape of my nails.
After a couple of hours, they were lifting up quite badly...



After looking back on Born Pretty's site, there's an image of someone curling a charm around an orange stick to help it lie right on the nail- so that would have probably improved the stud's sticking ability, so I take full responsibility for them not sticking right on my nail. 
Now the next issue is a consequence of them sticking up... I caught the edge of the one stuck on my pinkie with my ring finger... which resulted in a rather nice cut on the side of my finger. 


As you can see, it's not a huge cut, but it was quite deep considering, and it hurt (especially when greeted with nail polish remover) so it wasn't an overall pleasant experience, though I do look forward to trying these charms again while trying the curving technique. 
Apart from those small difficulties, the charms themselves were pretty cute and flexible, and would add to some pretty adorable manis. 
Plus, for only £1.57 for 30 (that's just 5.2p each), there's nothing to lose really. Just be careful when applying, and make sure they stick to your nail properly! :)

Born Pretty Store also sell loads more designs of nail studs and gems, so feel free to browse through them here!

And don't forget you can get 10% off all full-price items, by using the code REEG10.

Thank you for reading, and see you all again soon!

Comments

  1. These nails are gorgeous, love the how you did the background on them :) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a