Skip to main content

Wail: Barry M Aquarium Polishes!

Welcome to the Wail! It's Wednesday, (wow, so many W's already), and you know what that means- it's time for a nail post! *cue cheering*
Quick warning here that I genuinely couldn't decide which pictures to scrap for this post, so I put them all in. I apologise in advance to your internet providers and anyone else trying to use the internet at the same time!

Today I'm going to share four of my newest polishes to my collection... These four are, as you may have guessed, from Barry M's new Aquarium collection! I am genuinely in love with the polishes- they're so beautiful!




I mean come on.. Just look at them.... They make me feel so happy inside!

Let's start with the blue one first of all then! 
I think this one is my favourite... But then again, I'm probably going to say that for the other's too.
Here's Pacific!



As you can see here, it's different shades of blue/turquoise depending on where the light hits it! 




And turns slightly more teal-coloured when you use the flash!







As you can tell, I was just so awe-struck by it that I couldn't stop taking pictures! But now you see why I love it so much! And you generally can't see any streaks until you look super duper close. It's also super shimmery, which you can see in the photo's, and makes it that teeny bit more amazing!
I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves here though, cause I really can't think of anything more to say about them!

Arabian is the green-coloured metallic, and it's a very fitting name in my eyes, as it genuinely reminds me of these little creatures:
Green Scarab Beetle
And those little beetles remind me of Aladdin, and 'Arabian Nights' :3
Anyway, let me show you the amazing green and golden metallic-ness of this polish!









You do also see the occasional flicker of blue, but it's mostly a combination of greens and golds! Which is fine by me- I can't wait to see what it'll look like in Summer!

This brings me to possibly the Summery-est polish of the collection: Mediterranean! It just makes me want to go on holiday and see what it looks like under the water in the swimming pool... Is that weird...? Probably is.
Anyway! This shade brings us some more golden tones, though they are quite orangey too! With, of course, a little hint of a pink shade- kind of like sunset colours! And it is once again... one of my favourites... But shh! I can have more than one, right?
(I'd also like to quickly apologise for the state of this swatch, I literally had about 2 minutes to do it in before swapping colour so I didn't clean it up before snapping!)





I also can't help but sing a little Duran Duran when painting this colour on my nails! Such fun!

Finally, this brings us to the fourth polish- the glitter polish! Mermaid is actually a foil-flake glitter polish, and is very nice! I first tried it over one of Barry M's new Gelly's (post can be found here) but it didn't look too amazing...
But here are the pictures anyway so you can see what it looks like without too much going on!
(Number of coats from left to right is 1 to 5- 1 coat on the thumb to 5 on the pinkie)






 My only picky-issue with this glitter is that is isn't very easy to get evenly spread, and if you have any foils hanging over the end of your nail, they feel a bit sharp and can scratch quite annoyingly.

I realised earlier that the glitters are probably meant to coincide with the metallics in the set! So here is it on Arabian, and it looks awesome, if I do say so!






The name is pretty fitting too, as it kinda looks like scales that could be from a Mermaid's tail!

So there we have it! That's four of the polishes from Barry M's Aquarium Collection! The other two polishes in the collection are a bronze-gold metallic and a golden flake-glitter. They just make me wish for Summer and want to get out of England and into some sunshine!
Each of these summery shades can be found at Boots, Superdrug and BarryM.com (to name a few) for £3.99 each.
(Bargain!)

Hope you enjoyed the post, don't forget to leave a comment on your thoughts/feedback, and I shall see you on Friday for the Fridail post!
Til then!
~Rachel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a