Skip to main content

Liebster award!

Hey everyone!
I mentioned briefly yesterday that I was nominated for a Liebster Award! Well, this is thanks to Emily from Nailsxo and also Emily from Nails Must Be Painted! I adore their blogs, so make sure you check them out!


The rules/conditions of this award are as follows... You must:
  1. Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of your nomination.
  2. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Answer 11 questions given to you by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
  4. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
  5. Link back to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
On with the conditions then!

*My Chosen Bloggers: (no particular order!)
So most of those are nail blogs, but they're all really amazing blogs that you should go and take a peek into when you have a sec!

*11 Facts about Me...
  1. My family & friends think I have too much nail polish (pfft, there's no such thing!)
  2. I used to be really good at saving money... now I'm just good at spending it.
  3. There are many, many 'classic' films I haven't seen (in example, the Lord of the Rings movies, Star Wars, Star Trek, Shawshank Redemption, to name a few...)
  4. I'm scared of bees and wasps.
  5. I'm also terrified of going up ladders.
  6. I was born without an arch in my foot, resulting in many years of insole-wearing (which I'm still supposed to do...) and extremely bad balance! 
  7. I love country music!
  8. I'd rather listen than talk.
  9. I often wonder how life would be different if certain things had been different (don't we all!)
  10. Disney (and Marvel) movies are my all-time-favourites (alongside Bridget Jones, of course)
  11. I overuse brackets... (a lot)
*Questions from Nailsxo!
  1. What's your favourite animal? As a first-year Zoology student, I've been asked this a lot these past few weeks, and honestly, I love them all so much, but I'm always going to have to settle on the wolf. It's just such a beautiful creature.
  2. What's your favourite nail polish brand? Okay.... This is tough too! I'm going to have to go for 4... 2 'drugstore' brands- Models Own and Barry M, and 2 'high end' brands- Nails Inc and OPI. I regret nothing!
  3. Is there anything you dislike about blogging? Sometimes I'll plan out my day in my head and slot writing a blog post in somewhere... and then get distracted and forget and sitting up writing it at 3am so I don't let anyone down. It's a good thing I don't mind being sleep-deprived though!
  4. What do you do to make sure you have time for your blog in the busy lives we all lead? So I just accidentally answered this, didn't I? I don't sleep... :P
  5. Which is your favourite social network for posting your work and interacting with other bloggers? Personally, I love facebook for posting things because if shows you the visual with the link- but they're really selective on who sees what, which is annoying. And Twitter is pretty amazing for interacting with anyone, blogger or audience, so I'll go for Twitter.
  6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of your blog? Reading and music! I play the flute and clarinet, so I'm trying to juggle orchestra rehearsals with books and nail polish and everything else!
  7. What's your favourite food? Errrrrm.... I'm gonna name foods here- cheese, sweetcorn, chocolate, raspberries, strawberries, (red) grapes, oranges, salad, pasta, rice.....
  8. What manicure are you currently wearing? I just painted my nails one of Barry M's new Silk polishes, but you'll have to wait and see which one it is!
  9. Do you plan which manicures you want to do, or sit down and decide at the time? It varies... Usually I plan and then that goes down the drain due to simple laziness or "oo actually, that's a nice colour!"
  10. Do you watch any TV series? If so which is your favourite? I doooo watch TV series! At the moment I'm into Great British Bake Off (final this week- eep!), Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, Breaking Bad (still on Season 1), Friends, Sherlock, Game of Thrones, Lost. I think Game of Thrones is definitely my favourite though!
  11. What's your favourite film? I'm choosing Thor for this question... Simply because of Loki/Tom Hiddleston... Just look at his little face!
(photo credit to Hello magazine)

Okay wow, a big thank you Emily at Nailsxo (link above) for those questions! Onto the next set... This is gonna be a long post!

*Questions from Nails Must Be Painted!
  1. What is your all time favourite polish? I rave about this one all the time. OPI's Liquid Sand "What Wizardry is This?". So perfect!
  2. Where do you get most of your inspiration? Soooo, I generally just swatch, unless I'm doing a challenge, but during these I'll look at other blogger's designs and think of ways I can twist a book's plot or a movie poster into some form of naily goodness.
  3. What is your favourite Indie polish? I haven't gotten round to exploring the world of Indie polish yet! :(
  4. What is your favourite pattern? Spots are pretty cool! Also hearts and stars, if they count.
  5. What is your favourite song? As of this moment, it's "Tattoo" by Hunter Hayes! Such a cheery tune!
  6. What is the most interesting place you've travelled to? Ermmm, hm, I've travelled too much to answer this, every place is interesting in it's own little way... I think I'm gonna have to go for the exotic places- Hawaii was pretty interesting because of its climate and it's one of those places that literally looks the same as it does on the postcards, which can be quite unusual. And also Atlantis in the Bahamas is pretty interesting in an extremely awesome way. I think it's the way they captured the theme of it being the 'lost city', it's just amazing!
  7. If you could go anywhere in the World, where would you go? Everywhere! One of my life-goals is to visit every single country of the World at least once in my lifetime. No matter if it's for 10 minutes or 10 years, I will visit each country once. If I have to pick right now then I'm gonna say Canada- it's just somewhere specific I've always wanted to visit.
  8. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Well... the chicken would have had to exist to lay the egg... But then the chicken would have had to come from an egg... But the egg could have been laid by something else that produced the chicken as a mutant thing... Basically, I don't have a clue!
  9. What is your favourite Disney film? Oooo.... I really love Tangled and Frozen... But then also Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King... I'll take them all!
  10. Do you have any pets? Nope :( 
  11. What colour do you wear on your nails most often? I'm like 90% sure that it's blue. I always seem to be wearing it!
Thanks to Emily from Nails Must Be Painted (link above) for those questions! Last part of the post now... Here come my questions!

*My Questions to My Nominees!
  1. What is your favourite thing to blog about?
  2. If you could pack up and move anywhere in the World right now, where would it be to?
  3. If you could choose anyone in the World to ever exist (so alive or dead) to have dinner with, who would you choose?
  4. If you could see the future, would you choose to look?
  5. Do you look for looks or personality in a partner?
  6. Would you rather read the book or watch the movie?
  7. What is your worst fear?
  8. Favourite genre of music?
  9. If you could go back in time, what year would you go back to?
  10. Aside from food, water and shelter (and air), what could you not go a day without?
  11. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
So I hope you all enjoy answering those questions, please drop me a comment when you do- I'd love to read your answers! 
Thank you all for reading this essay of a post- have a good day and I shall see you tomorrow for a swatchy swatch post!

(PS. Don't forget that the mascara giveaway ends Saturday 11:59pm) 


Comments

  1. Hey Rachel,

    I'm very flattered you would nominate me!
    Thank you - I will certainly return the favour fo sho.
    Much love,
    Laura xo

    www.thecreamycat.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no problem! I can't wait to see your replies :) x

      Delete
  2. Hehe loved reading this! I've certainly learned a lot about you :D! I can't believe all the films you haven't seen yet :p you should definitely take a weekend out and just sit and watch them all :p you won't regret it ;)! I also love Thor and all the Marvel movies, I can't get enough of Robert Downey Jr! I follow him on FB and he's always posting funny stuff :)! P.s. I love the questions you made up for your nominees, I'm intrigued to see what people answer :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I have a huuuuge film-watchlist to get through, it'd probably take a month-long marathon to be honest! And I also haven't seen *all* of the Marvel films yet, but I'm getting there! I love Robert Downey Jr to pieces! His FB stuff is amazing :D Same for Hugh Jackman! Hehe thank you! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Haha well it's exciting in a way that you haven't seen them yet, because the first time watching something is always the best :D ! Ooo I'm not actually following Hugh Jackman, I'm gonna go do that right away :p ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in :)
    I am with you on the Disney front.... any film that is Disney will suffice usually!! :D
    BTW, you HAVE to check out some indie polishes. I was unsure for a longg time about getting some but the few I have are definitely some of my favourites in my collection now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some adorable Disney tee's from Primark today! And Bambi slippers! They're so cute :D
      Hahaha, I shall invest in some indie's when my next student loan comes in :P Which is like, January I think! But I will, I promise! :) x

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for my nomination :) However, I have already done this award previously, but maybe when I have more time on my hands I'll do it again. :D

    Ayesha xxx
    Http://alycheeaday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'll keep my eyes peeled :)
      x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a