Skip to main content

Fridail: Summer Spots!

Hey everybody!
I hope you enjoyed yesterday's post! Today I'm bringing you a cute little spotty Summer mani using a few of my new Nails Inc polishes. (You can see all of them here in this post)




My idea for this mani was to try and make the bubbles at the tip of the nail larger than those closer to the cuticle, as if the nails were all fizzy and bubble, but it didn't exactly work on all of the nails. Though, it still looks pretty cute in my opinion!



I chose pretty bright colours simply because at the time, the Sun was starting to come out and these colours kind of helped reflect that Summer was finally here, or at least close to being here. The first polish I used was the bright pink, "Shoreditch" as seen above. It was a pretty base colour and a beautiful polish even on its own, or maybe for glitter gradients! I'm sure you'll see it again very soon.




The next polish I used was as a base for the ring-finger/highlight nail, which I did in the opposite colours (and looked pretty awesome!). This polish is called "Carnaby Street" and is a beautifully bright yellow polish, that is the perfect shade between neon and pastel. I keep calling it "Canary Street" though- woops!



Finally, the last coloured-polish I used was "South Molton Street" which is an extremely sheer pale pink and takes a little bit of careful-looking to pick out on the nail. However, I kinda like how it adds something without being too vibrant with the other colours, so I'm glad I used it.



In an attempt to bring out the pale pink spots, I added some of Barry M's "Rose Quartz Glitter" on top of them. It didn't help colour-wise, but the finish of it helped to the 'fizzy' look of the nails. 
And there you go- that's the Summer Spots nails! 
I hope you liked this look as much as I did, and maybe even try it out in your own little way? If you do, I'd love to see it!

I also have some exciting news regarding the blog's look... It's being updated! Some time in the next few weeks, there'll be a new logo, header and post-divider as well as a nice, fresh, toned-down colour scheme. Hopefully you'll all like the change! I'm also looking to upgrade to an original domain name- meaning the 'blogger.co.uk' will be lost (horray!), but this will happen after the update and I shall let you know in advance!
Don't forget to follow my Twitter, Facebook and Bloglovin'! And leave a comment down below- I love reading them all!
Thanks for reading!
o7
~Rachel xxx

Coming Up Soon...
Monday: A Blogger's Bookshelf: Fangirl
Wednesday: Wail: Avon Sequinned Turquoise
Thursday: LiL Challenge: Food Nails


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a