Skip to main content

Wail: Nails Inc Kensington Park Road

Hello everybody!
Well, it's been a while since I've written an actual post for you guys, but here I am! I hope you haven't missed me too much. You'll be stuck with me permanently again in a few weeks, so enjoy your time away from me while you can! (But keep checking back with the blog because I still have plenty of amazing guest posts left for you)
Anyway, today is Wednesday, so that calls for a nail post! And my Mam was so lovely as to buy a set that Nails Inc had on offer... The Bright Side Collection! It was a lovely little surprise- she signed up to the Nails Inc VIP too, so we got an extra polish.
Please note that "The Bright Side" Collection was a limited edition collection of previously released Nails Inc polishes, so may no longer be available. The price is/was £25 (and you can try your luck using this link) and grabbed you a wopping 10 nail polishes that are generally supposed to be £11 each. So a pretty massive bargain when you think about it!



The polishes above were all of my 'new' polishes as of the day this was taken. The 3 Barry M ones you see there are Foil Effects Silver (Left); Yellow Topaz Glitter (Top); Rose Quartz Glitter (Right).
Top row of Nails Inc (Left to Right): Wellington Square; Queen Victoria Road; Porchester Place
Bottom row (Left to Right): Lowndes Square; Bruton Lane (VIP Polish!); Lanesborough Place; Carnaby Street; South Molton Street; Shoreditch; Kensington Park Road; Sheraton Street

Unfortunately, this being a collection of old polishes, I got a dupe of Queen Victoria Road. But never mind, I got 10 other amazing polishes! 

So today's post features one of these polishes! It's the bright blue you see there, and the sticker says "New neon shade"...

... It really is not neon. I guess there is a possibility of it looking a little brighter if it was over a white base, but there is no way whatsoever that this is an eye-popping neon colour. (For those of you who watch Game of Thrones.... I'm sorry about the eye comment... For those of you who don't watch it... don't google it. Seriously, don't)
So anyway! Besides not being quite as 'neon' as it's claimed to be, this blue really is a strikingly gorgeous colour and would be a great addition for anybody's collection. 


As you can see in the images below, the polish can have a very slight more teal-y appearance than a straight off blue, but it is still an amazing colour, and looks beautiful in any lights.



 I chose to top the mani off with my new glitters, coating my index and ring fingers in one coat of the rose quartz glitter, and my middle finger with one coat of the yellow topaz glitter. They're pretty awesome when they catch the light, as they each have some really fine grains of holographic glitter in, with some small yellow-green/pink grains and the larger sequin pieces. They spread like a dream though- no fishing for the large chunks!



Back to the blue polish anyway! It has a lovely glossy creme finish to it and is just amazing! :) It kind of reminds me of Model's Own Hypergel, in Blue Glint, but to me, was just that little bit nicer, despite being a creme and not a gel type. Here's a few pics (and a link!) as a quick reminder. 





See what I mean here? Obviously, the Models Own polish is a cheaper option, for only £5 a bottle, whereas the Nails Inc polish is the more expensive, luxurious choice with the price of £11 per bottle, and in this case... may just be worth it. Let me know what you think on the matter in the comments below!

Thank you for reading, don't forget to keep up to date using the links in the sidebar!
o7
~Rachel

Exam Update: 3 down... 10 more to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m