Skip to main content

A Blogger's Bookshelf: Mercy Thompson 2-5

Hey everyone!
So a while back, I wrote a book-review-thing on the first Mercy Thompson book- "Moon Called". You can find that review here! All books are by Patricia Briggs.

Well, since then, I've now read the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th books in the series! Respectively, they are titled Blood Bound, Iron Kissed, Bone Crossed and Silver Borne. And they are... amazing.
They're so amazing that I want to share them with you all but also keep them all to myself... Does that make sense? :3 Have you experienced that feeling before?

So what are they all about? Well, through the 2nd and 3rd books, the 'love triangle' plot thickens and resolves (dun dun dun....) but it's handled in such an amazing way that still avoids the typical love-triangle features, and I'm not going to give any of it away (it's taking a lot of effort!). I'm gonna take you briefly through the books now, so pay attention!

Blood Bound
You may have guessed already, but this book focuses on the vampires and their issues- that Mercy gets dragged into, of course. We get to learn quite a bit more about Mercy and all the people she's close to in this book too, though the person we learn most about is Stefan, Mercy's friend, and Marsilla, vampire mistress. Anyway, through this book Mercy goes head-on against a demon-vampire... But who's behind it's creation, and who will it get the better of?

Iron Kissed
This book revolves around the fae, as they discover a number of murders amongst their people. They rope in Mercy to do some dirty-work for them, and arrest her fae-friend Zee. Many weird and wonderful things happen in this book as we get to uncover more about the fae as creatures, which is awesome! Though, near the end of the book something happens... I'm not going to reveal what, but it's a touchy subject, and Patricia Briggs has gently brushed over how it happened, which I think was a good thing to do, but she's kept up with the aftermath on Mercy's life and honestly, I think she's handled it pretty well, though I know some people may disagree.

Bone Crossed
From the beginning of this book, it's clear that Mercy has become the hunted instead of the hunter, so she does what all good people must do about this, and runs when it isn't possible to fight. The only issue is that she runs into more trouble instead of away from it- I mean, come on, this is Mercy we're talking about! So equipped with even more of her own worries, she tries to tackle yet another bad-guy. This book is centred around the vampires mostly, with little snippits of other supernaturals. Also, the 'trial' in this book (I think it's this book..) leading on from the previous book is absolute genius, and heartbreaking at the same time. That's all I'm gonna say...

Silver Borne
Oh wow this book felt different. Good different. It's still the same old Mercy, but it's another fae book, making it more wonderfully weird and magical than some of the other. It really is incredible though, and reveals some more of Samuel's history (yay, Sam!), whilst introducing some new characters with cool abilities.

So yeah... Why are you still here? Go and read these books if you haven't already and drop me a line somewhere (Facebook/comments) so we can blab on about these forever! Gooooo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a