Skip to main content

Mail: Rimmel Velvet Matte Midnight Kiss Swatch!

Hello everyone!
Before we get started, it's very very nice to see you all here- my hugest apologies for being so bad with posting lately. Moving away from home really takes it out of you, and my Uni's "Welcome Week" timetable was craaazy! Though I got to go to Chester zoo... Which was awesome!


Anyway, let's crack on with the post shall we? 
Today, I'm bringing to you a recent release and purchase. Rimmel London's "Velvet Matte" polishes were released alongside their new Matte Apocolips range, and a new selection of some "Rimmel by Kate" products! 
I purchased three new polishes- two Velvet Matte's in the shade "Midnight Kiss" and "Sumptuous Red" (love the names!) which are a dark blue and pinky-purple, and also a new Salon Pro by Kate called "Saturn" which looks amazing. 


Today, I'm swatching Midnight Kiss for you guys, but keep an eye out for the other two coming this week!



As you can see then, Midnight Kiss is a very dark navy blue, which can appear almost black if the lighting is particularly poor in the room. It's very matte in appearance, which is good considering it's name, but still has what I like to describe as a 'healthy shine'.





Application is, at first, a pain in the butt. You do one coat of polish, right, and it 'mattifies' so quickly that if you go over it, it just smudges and you end up with lots of smudgy, messy gaps in your nails. It does even itself out a little, but not so much that if you scrape a hole in it, it'll just fix itself... If that makes sense.
So I have some application tips for you here: use very quick, even brush strokes, and then leave that nail alone for a little. Do the rest of your nails and go back round to it! Then be really light on your strokes and be super careful :)




I decided to add a topcoat today, since the colour's pretty nice and it'll be nice to compare, so here's a couple of pics with that! I left my ring fingernail matte so you could see a nice comparison, and the topcoat used was Barry M's "All in One". As you can see, it makes the colour look a little brighter, which (to me) is always a plus!


I have to dash now, so I hope you enjoyed this post and will check back on Wednesday and Friday to check out the other two polishes I purchased!
See you then!

Edit: It's been around a day and a half since I applied this.. and I have a chip on my non-top-coated thumb nail, plus another on my top-coated thumb nail :( Sad times!! 

Comments

  1. Gorgeous blue! And loved the flamingos (I went to Chester Uni and did a lot of work at the zoo so spent many an hour sat between them and the penguins). Hope your first week goes well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My first week of actual lectures is going pretty well so far :) and I love the flamingos too, I did some work with them at a WWT park near where I lived :) I'm so jealous you worked at Chester Zoo though! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a