Skip to main content

Fridail: Barry M Glitterati 'Catwalk Queen'

Hello!
Please excuse me while I go and die of Fresher's Flu for a moment. *coughs*

Just kidding... A cough, sore throat and mega killing headache won't get rid of me that easily! :)
Today I'm bringing you a polish that I bought on Wednesday, but wanted to buy at the weekend. I actually got 2 polishes on Wednesday (oh dear, I really need to stop).


Left is "VIP" and right is "Catwalk Queen" which I'll be showing you all today! The "Glitterati" polishes are brand new to Barry M as of last Wednesday (24th September) and came out in a sparkling total of 6 shades, ranging from pink to a dark multi-glitter-explosion. 

However, Catwalk Queen is the perfect shade for all your mermaid-y people, applying as a beautiful light green-blue shimmertastic shade. 



Before I throw more images at you, I want to stress that these are all of Catwalk Queen and that one polish only. The colouring looks slightly different in each one because of how much lighting was seeping on to my nails. So some pics look more blue, and some pics look more green. But that's just how it looks in real life. Also, keep an eye on the shimmer-ness of it because like, wow. Just wow.





Something else that amazed me and that I absolutely 10000% adore about this polish, is that it's just so darn smooth! I expected it to feel similar to the Royal Textured Glitters. But noooo, the Glitteratis are a beautifully soft, smooth experience. And a top-coat makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. Trust me, I checked. You can't even see the difference. Two of my nails on all of these pictures are actually topcoated. If you can tell me for certain which nails these are, I may give you a prize. It may be a really bad prize, but a prize is a prize, right?



These last two pictures are taken with the flash on, just to see what it would be like. The only difference between them really is that there's a line of clear... flashiness? I don't even know... You can see the glitter parts a teensy clearer I guess, and how they're reflecting the light, but that's pretty much it!



So Barry M, my bank account now hates you, though my nails definitely love you- you've done it again! Thanks!
You happy readers can also be the proud owners of Barry M's Glitterati polishes for £3.99 a piece from Boots and Superdrug. 
See you all on Monday for another swatchy swatchy! :)

Comments

  1. I'm not sure what camera you're shooting with, but if you use a DSLR then you can shoot in raw format and correct the white balance afterwards - this will get rid of those pesky lighting effects. :p

    I've been eyeing up these polishes on blogs all week - I'm still not convinced I *need* them, but they sure are pretty. And this is a lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using a "compact dslr" apparently- it's a Nikon coolpix something haha, my dad messed with the settings though and set it to like auto-everything sooo I don't have a clue :')
      But I'd totally recommend the polish if you're tempted :p

      Delete
  2. I think I'm in love with this nail polish it looks stunning!! I love Barry M <3

    I have just done a Liebster Award post and you are one of the bloggers I have nominated, you can find your questions on my blog :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lush polish! :D
    N'aww thank you! I'll do it for tomorrow :D xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a