Skip to main content

Down the Rabbit Hole!

Hey gals!

Today I'm sharing a mani with you containing some clock water decals and some dry water-marbling. What? Dry water marbling!? Prepare to be amazed...





Basically for the starting the blue/green water marble, you do the normal drops in the water technique, and then instead of dipping your finger into it, you leave the whole design to dry in the water (usually around 3-4 hours, though you can leave it over night). Then remove it carefully from the water and apply it to your nail by painting on a clear coat of polish and leaving it until it's tacky. Then just seal the design on with a topcoat and remove the excess with polish remover.

I cut my design up after removing it from the water to make it a little less fiddly.


For the marble, I used Barry M Gelly polishes in Kiwi, Blue Grape and Damson.


For the background of the clock nails, I first used two coats of Leighton Denny's "Opaque Elegance" and then randomly sponged on Models Own's "Chrome Rose" and "Chrome Gold" to give a slight tarnished look. 


The water decals, as per usual, were super easy to apply (I'll do a tutorial sometime ^^) and also super cute (and from Born Pretty Store). 




One of my friends said that they reminded her of Alice in Wonderland, with the pocketwatch-like clocks and the swirls, just like when Alice fell down the rabbit hole :) And hence the title of today's post!

Don't forget that you can use the code REEG10 to grab 10% off full-priced items on Born Pretty Store


So what do you think of this mani? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Thanks for reading, catch you all on Monday!

Comments

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a