Skip to main content

GoT: A Song of Ice and Fire

Hey everyone!

So today is a very exciting post. That is... it's the start of a new post series! Behold, for on Wednesdays...
The Fandoms Strike Back

In other words, I'm one of those people who likes to obsess over some TV shows, movies and books, and totally wish they were all real so I could live in them... I mean, sometimes the real world just seems so dull

To begin with, I thought I'd kick it off with a bang...
Game of Thrones!


With it returning to TVs on the 12th or 13th of April depending on if you're in the US or the UK, it was just a no brainer. There'll be 8 fun-packed Game of Thrones mani's from this moment onwards- just keep an eye out for the GoT tag at the front of the title. 

(PS. Favourite characters are definitely Jon Snow and Daenerys! Who are yours?)


On to Mani Number 1!

I thought I'd start off the series by paying respect to the books, since the show wouldn't have happened without them! 
The series of books is called "A Song of Ice and Fire" (by George RR Martin), so I took the literal view of that and applied it to my nails. 

As you can see, they aren't perfectly detailed, and since this is one of my first attempts of freehand work, I'm actually pretty proud of them. Especially that thumb- just check out that treble clef!? 



For the 'ice' background, I applied 2 coats of Morgan Taylor's "All White Now" polish, before sponging Models Own's Chrome Blue and Nicole by OPI's "Positive Energy" over the top once it was dry. 
As for the 'fire' I used the pin marbling technique I've used previously, with a base of Barry M Gold Foil, and using Rimmel's "Shirley Temple" (orange) and Nicole by OPI's "American as Apple Pie" for the actual flames. 

Left to Right: OPI 'Russian Navy'; Morgan Taylor 'All White Now'; Nicole by OPI 'American as Apple Pie'; Barry M 'Gold Foil'; Models Own 'Chrome Blue'; Rimmel 'Shirley Temple'; Nicole by OPI 'Positive Energy'
I then used a detail brush and OPI's "Russian Navy" polish to add the musical notes throughout my nails. :)


Anyway, I hope you liked these nails, and are looking forward to the others in the series. Much fun has been planned for you all, don't worry. 
If you aren't a Game of Throne fan then first of all, you're missing out, but more importantly, there's still going to be non-fandom mani's for you to gawk at on Mondays and Fridays, don't worry! 
Personally, I want to improve my freehand technique by doing this, so who knows how well my nails will actually turn out! 


Before I go for today, I'm gonna leave you with a little quote. Also, don't forget to leave me a comment below letting me know if you watch the show and what your thoughts are on my rather-rounded claws!
So....
“When you play a game of thrones you win or you die.”

Next Week: The Iron Throne

Comments

  1. The show is filmed in Croatia :D #proud I've seen only a few episodes, everything comes so late here, but I love it and can't wait to see more manis :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I didn't know that! You definitely need to watch more episodes though ;) Hehe thanks!

      Delete
  2. Lovely post and I can't wait for the new season of GOFT to start! <3

    www.krystelcouture.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited for it too :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m