Skip to main content

Guest: A Fingertiptastic Fishy Tale!!!

So, (I always start my blog posts with "so" and it just doesn't seem like my blog if I don't!!!) before I start my blog, let me first introduce myself. My name is Michelle Smith (aka Fingertiptastic) and I'm a forty-something wife and mummy to 2 boys.

I first found my love of all things nails at the beginning of 2015 and am now a self-confessed polishaholic!! I can't seem to pass a shop without purchasing a polish (my stash has grown from about 6 old polishes to over 200 in 10 weeks - I hope my husband isn't reading this!!!) and I can't seem to do a mani without adding some kind of nail art or enhancement!!!



I've joined several Facebook challenge groups and started my own blog www.fingertiptastic.blogspot.com (please take a look if you get a minute and tell me know what you think!!!)

And that is how I come to be appearing here on Rachel's blog - Rachel advertised for guest posters via a Facebook group, Marbled Manicures, that we are both members of and fortunately for me, she agreed for me to write a blog for her page whilst she is away.


The blog is for a 52 week pick n mix challenge (via another Facebook Group Crumpets Nail Tarts) that I take part in and this weeks prompts were Mermaid and/or lilac & green
I decided to attempt both prompts and came up with this mani.


I started with my "go to" base coat Glisten & Glow Stuck on Blu and then applied 2 coats of OPI Funny Bunny.


I had planned on doing a 2 colour gradient, using a make up sponge, and have often seen people on YouTube using liquid palisade to avoid a messy clean up. I don't own any liquid Palisade but I was sent a SpaRitual Unveil Peel Off Basecoat to review last week so I decided to give it a go to see if it did the same job - after all, nothing ventured nothing gained!!! I set about applying the SpaRitual Unveil around my cuticles to protect the skin around my nails from excess polish.


Next, I prepped my makeup sponge with the lilac and green polish that I had selected for this challenge. I chose Rimmel London Oh Boy You're So Fine and Essie Mint Candy Apple.


I love doing gradients , as I love the finished effect, but what I don't love is the messy clean up needed. So I was keeping everything crossed that the SpaRitual Unveil Peel Off Basecoat would double up as an alternative to liquid palisade and -ta dah - it did!!!


This was how my mani looked after peeling away the Basecoat and there was no need to reach for my trusted clean up brush or acetone!!


Next came a sparkly topcoat - China Glaze Fairy Dust - I don't seem to have found a mani that this doesn't enhance - I love it - but then who doesn't love a bit of glitter!!!


Finally, to create the Fishtail look of a mermaid, I used my Konad Double Ended Stamper and stamping plate m57, together with Konad Violet Pearl to create a scaly look to my mani.

Thank you to Rachel for allowing me to post on her blog, it is a great honour and if you've got to the bottom, thank you for reading my Fingertiptastic Fishy Tale!!!

Xoxo

-------------------

I'd like to say a huge thanks to Michelle for this beautiful mani and post- I'm gonna have to get myself a bit of that peel-off base coat I think!
Make sure you all check out her blog before you run off to get on with your day! Thanks for reading :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a