Skip to main content

Birthday Make-up!

As promised, here is the post reviewing and swatching all the make-up I got for my Birthday (which was 26th of August ^^)
Also, the playlist has been updated- hope you like it! There's quite a balanced mixture of genres and old and new songs :)
Anyway, on with the post!



To start with, here's a list of everything the post includes:
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadows in "On and On Bronze", "Turquoise Fever" and "Light-In Purple"
  • Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in "Galactic Mauve"
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Primers- Foundation Primer, Hydrating Under-Eye Primer and Eyelid Primer
  • Collection No Clumps Definition Mascara
  • Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner
  • Bare Minerals Ready Foundation in "R330" (and "R210") and Blush in "The Indecent Proposal"
(I shall try and do it in that order, maybe, I guess it'll be a surprise for both of us!)

This is my "I do not speak French" face...
So on with the post! 

Item Number One~ Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadows!
Two of these (the bronze and the turquoise) were bought by little Miss Rhian (BonjourBeauty) along with the lippie! Anyway have some swatches and all that~


"On and On Bronze"

It kinda matches my hand's skin-tone a little, but not when on my eyelids :)
This is it on, with a little bit of pink powder-shadow over the top on the bottom-half


"Forever Turqoise" - The best to build up to a stunning colour :)

"Light in Purple" (Sorry, blurry pic!)




All 3!
Bronze with a Turquoise Highlight on the bottom :)
So! I'm not gonna lie, I was actually super scared to try these, because eyeshadow generally sucks on my eyes. But these! These eyeshadows are brilliant! They stay on for ages (though I'm not quite sure about 24 hours, but who would really wear eyeshadow for 24 hours...?) and they look great- so sparkly! You can also layer them up to make a more intense colour, if you want. So you could use Turquoise Forever and start with a super light colour, but add more and more til you get a super bright intense blue colour- perfect for nights out! 
"On and On Bronze" is pretty much the colour it says- a bronze! It's quite a golden bronze though (instead of a brown-bronze) and is super shimmery, and also great for using as a base to layer other colours over the top ^^ It's my favourite!
"Turquoise Forever" can turn out anywhere from a light blue-green highlight, to an intensive bright turquoise (as described above) but is genuinely amazing if you love blue as much as I do!
"Light in Purple" is an interesting shade- it's mostly silver, but has lilac-blue undertones which can make a great highlight, or a great base! It's certainly interesting!
Thankies to Rhian for buying these!

Number Two~ Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick
Rhian bought me this one too! And then I've gone and bought two more, which I shall put on sometime :) The shade I received for my birthday was "Galactic Mauve" which is a purple toned lipstick that isn't too dark, nor too light, and is super duper sparkly!
It's like a perfect day-time shade!




It's a beautiful shade :D Totally recommended!

Number Three~ Smashbox Photo Finish Primers!
Before I got these, I'd never used a primer before. So I can't really review them with anything to compare too, but damn, these are great! My foundation stays on aaaaaall day instead of some noticeable wear-and-tear by around 3pm. My dark circles are miraculously reduced, and my eyeshadow stays on too!
All Three!

Bye-bye dark circles!


Foundation Primer~ All you need is a pea-sized ball for your whole face! :D

Eyeshadow Primer- kind of a powder-cream?

Anyway, yep, they're great! Go get some! :)

Item Number 4~ Collection No Clumps Definition Mascara
For a cheaper-end drug-store mascara, this is actually pretty dang good!
Note that my natural eyelashes are pathetic, here's what happens after some of the wonderful mascara!


I didn't curl my lashes either! Mascara only! :O



Lurrrrrv it! I'm gonna use it so often from now :D Thank you Natasha!

Number Five~ Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner
I haven't used this on my eyes yet (I may go try it now actually...), but I'm totally impressed so far! The brush isn't bristle-y, but instead like a felt-tip pen and it, erm, 'draws' so nicely! Check out the hand-swatch!


Shiny & Wet!

Matte (ish) and Dry!
Oh, and it's like super duper black, but tadaaaahh!

Item(s) 6- Bare Minerals Ready Foundation & Blush!
I've had the Foundation before, but due to all of my adventures in the Summer, the shade was completely wrong and mega too pale...
Old vs. New!
So I got re-matched and moved from shade R210 to shade R330 :D And it's such a pretty colour! I adore the R330 shade, it's so golden and matches like pretty much perfectly!
The blush: "The Indecent Proposal" is also super duper pretty! It's quite a dark rose-plum blush, and it goes so well with the R330 that it's just uncanny. It's amazing, I love them! Oh, and it's shimmery too!


Here's the finished look that the make-up artist person did for me (no eye make-up though!)
I look shattered here! Woops! :3

Love them! I love them all! :D

And I think that's all for now! I'm so sorry that it's taken me like a week to write this! I'm gonna have a writing/swatching/homework/sleeping/eating/busy sesh tomorrow and hopefully schedule some posts for during the week!

A few exciting events for you to note down over the next two weeks!
1. iOS 7 is released on Wednesday 18th! Yes, Wednesday 18th!
2. Barry M's new Autumn/Winter 2013 collection is released on the 25th! (One week on Wednesday, follow my twitter- I'm counting down!)
3. A Guest-Blog Post by moi on PishPoshPolish blog some time after the 20th~ 

And I think that's all for now! If I remember anything else, you'll be the first to know! :D

Bye for now! Much love! =D
~Rachel xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a