Skip to main content

Wail: Models Own 'Polish for Tans' Beach Bag!

Hey there!
So welcome to Wednesday's nail post! (Yes, it's Thursday, but let's not dwell on that too much...)
Today I have a new polish for you that was released about 2 weeks ago I think, by our good friends Models Own!
Models Own generally have amazing polishes with amazing formulas and cool effects and these were definitely no exception!

There are 5 shades in this collection, but I've only been able to grab one so far unfortunately...
The shades are as follows:
Flip Flop- a neon lime green
Bikini- a neon lemon yellow
Shades- a slightly coral-toned neon pink
Sun Hat- a neon 'barbie' pink
And finally, Beach Bag- a neon orange/peach tone, which I bring to you today!



It really is a beautiful colour, above photographed in day-light (but indoors), you can see that it looks slightly pastel in direct light but gets brighter as it gets some shade!



(To prove that a little more, above are some pictures taken with the flash on)

A little more about these polishes then! Beach Bag dries to a semi-matte finish and the whole collection are made to "enhance and compliment your natural tan", which means I have a question for you all to answer...

"Does this polish make me look tanned?"   

(Leave your thoughts/opinions in the comments below!)


I had loads of comments about how bright it was when I was wearing this polish, it made my nails feel loved!


Application wise, this polish gets a 'meh' from me. It wasn't brilliant but it also wasn't terrible. I chose to paint it over the top of a white base and it really only took one coat to cover completely, but I did two anyway to see if it boosted the colour anymore (I'd say it did a little bit, but not loads)
But! This polish was pretty thick in comparison to any other Models Own polishes I own, so it was a little hard to get it nice and even without it dragging too much. When I was painting though, I noticed it would go streaky for a bit and then even itself out very nicely, so you don't need to worry about it too much :)

I have one last picture for you, and it's a little messy but it really captures the essence of the polish...

This picture was taken outside in natural light around 8.30pm (so getting dark but not pitch black) and look at it! It's practically glowing! THIS is why I love this polish so much, and why you should too. Go and put it on your "To Buy for Summer" list now- for only £5 from selected Boots/Superdrug Stores, or ModelsOwnIt.com

Thanks for reading! :) (And sorry that it's a day late!)
O7
~Rachel

Coming Up This Week...
Friday: Fridail: Revlon Sun Candy- Sun Shower
Monday: A Blogger's Bookshelf: Allegiant Part 2!
Wednesday: Revlon Sun Candy- Shimmering Sunset

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m