Skip to main content

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!

Oh my days, what is this day!?
It's... One year... and 6 months since Nail Parade began? Really? Wow, time has flown!

As I miraculously missed the one year blogiversary back in May, it just seems right to make a huge celebration of this and reminisce back on some older posts. So let's go and travel through this super cheesy post and...

(Yes, the Dr. Who gifs have been released... It is a special occasion, after all)



From the first post ever on the 5th of May, 2013, there have been many ups and downs, including name changes (from "Nail As Old As Time"- what was I even thinking!), to design changes, developing (I think...?) a writing style and improving my nail-painting and photography skills.
From the "woops" to the discussion of wedding plans, Nail Parade has become a huge part of my life, and my weekly routine, and this will definitely continue for a long long time to come!


I would like to take a brief moment to thank all of you guys! Thank you for reading my itty bitty blog when there are so many larger ones out there, with beautiful nail art and cleaner swatches. Thank you for all the comments, likes, follows, re-tweets, pins, and thanks for returning here to see what's new every now and then! This one's for all of you:



A few older posts you should probably check out: 
The most popular: "Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!"
Interesting nail-art: "Astrology Nails"
One of my favourite mani's! 
And another, which is nail-arty! "Meadow and Tree Nails"
One of my least favourite polishes: Nails Inc Beaded Polish
One of my favourite polishes (though, I say this a lot): OPI What Wizardry is This?

Of course, there are many, many other posts you can check out. This post right here actually marks the 194th post, so there are a grand total of 193 others you can go and read (so far!), but for now, I bring more tales of joy!


To celebrate the one and a half year anniversary of Nail Parade, there's a huuuuge giveaway coming up! All prizes have been ordered (as of midnight/1am last night), and images of the prizes will be posted as soon as they arrive.
Do you have your diary out? Good. The giveaway will begin on Monday 10th November and run for the following two weeks, until 11:59pm Sunday 23rd November. The post with the prize draw on will update with images of the prizes as they arrive.
What are the prizes, you ask? Well, there are two... One 'full' prize, and one 'half' prize, to assist with the celebrations. But you'll just have to check back on Friday, when I'll announce the prizes to you :P

For now though, I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Bonfire night, and has a drink (if legal and safe to do so) to Nail Parade! I know I'll be having one!
Here's to many more learning curves, blog posts, David Tennant gif's and nail polishes!


Comments

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a