Skip to main content

Post-Christmas Damage!

Hello, hello!
The post-Christmas post has finally landed, so I hope you're all prepared to follow my Christmas break and then to tell me all about yours in the comments below!

Gift Top-Picks (Non-Polish)
Before I begin I'd like to say that I'm truly thankful for each and every gift I received this year- even if it was as simple as wishing me a "Merry Christmas", and I hope all you readers out there had a wonderful day too, even though it was nearly a month ago now...



Anyway, I have got to say that my 'top' non-polish gifts definitely cover a range of uses. From a coffee machine complete with coffee pods...

To a nail-station knee-tray! And of course there are those things that you need that everyone just happens to buy, such as smellies which can last you the whole year, saving more money for nail polish ;)
I also received this beautiful unicorn necklace, and a pandora bracelet with some charms! They're so sparkly too, it's just perfect!


As if that wasn't enough already, I also got thrown an iPad, which honestly, wasn't going to make this list...
...except... my laptop broke around the 28th/29th of December, and I was saved by my iPad and able to revise for my Uni exams when I felt like it, thankfully! It was genuinely a lifesaver, and will be amazingly useful for taking notes in lectures now. 
You'll all be glad to know that my laptop is now fixed (hence how I can post now) after having it's hard-drive, graphics processor and a couple of internal wires replaced... woopsies?

A Little Bit of Travelling...
I also had the privilege of hopping onto a plane to California for 10 days over the Christmas break, to see my Dad. He surprised me when I arrived with a road trip to LA...

... where we had a glance at the Hollywood sign, went to see Wicked (The Musical) which is potentially the best musical I have ever seen! The soundtrack's been on repeat for a couple of weeks now- I'd definitely recommend it to everyone if you ever get the chance to see it!
We also drove out to Disneyland and, of course, hopped onto the original It's a Small World, despite the hour-long queue! (Hey, we're British- queuing is what we're good at!) We ended up spending a good 14 hours in the park and managed to do nearly all of the rides and stay for the firework show!


While we were in LA we also grabbed breakfast at The Ivy, though we (unfortunately) didn't get the chance to meet anybody famous! 
The road-trip back however was so beautiful, and we made sure to drive through Beverly Hills first!

We also made a quick stop off in Santa Barbara and oh my days, it's so beautiful. If you could fall in love with a city, I've fallen in love with Santa Barbara (and am currently hoping to do my Master's there- eep, life goals!)
So, yeah... The rest of the trip was spent doing some revision and then exploring San Francisco- particularly the California Academy of Sciences and Ghirardelli square before rounding off the trip with the Cirque du Soleil "Kurios" show- which was also so amazing and recommended! 

Tomorrow I'll be posting a bit of a more current life-update thing, so you know when to expect posts this year, and what is generally going on in my life right now!

So, what have you all been up to during the holidays!? Let me know in the comments below!

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

Coming Up...
Thursday: What to expect, and when!
Friday: Glossybox December Edition!
Monday: Christmas Polishes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a