Skip to main content

Love Glossybox!

Hello, hello!
I hope you all had a lovely weekend, and Valentine's Day if you did anything nice! I spent my night around a friend's flat and we watched Tangled and Music & Lyrics and ate food. Best way to spend it!

Anyway, the final Glossybox from my 6-month subscription arrived last week, and it was the Love edition! A part of me is sad that I won't be getting a little beauty box surprise in the post once a month, but another part of me is kinda glad since I'm still sitting with a box full of goodies that I haven't used yet.



So yes! This month's theme is "love" since yknow, it's February and Valentine's Day just takes over the whole month. The paper and box design were super cute though, and just look at how perfect this bow was!

However, there was a decent mix of items in the box! Though I was very surprised to find...


... a razor!?


Yup, that's right. A razor was this month's 'featured' product. Though I must say that it looks like a pretty good one, and is boasting a whopping five blades and a moisturising system to help your legs look smooth and feel soft! And it could be yours for £9.99 (yikes!) from Wilkinson Sword's website. 


Next up is a full-sized mineral eyeshadow by Marsk. The name of the shade is pretty much what you'd expect in a box around this time of year and considering the hype... "Fifty Shades". Of course, the colour is a dark grey with a very slight shimmer, and comes in a little 12g pot. You can grab one too from here for only £14.49


We have another full-sized product here- a tinted lip butter by Royal Apothic. Apparently this brand is inspired by an old apothecary manual and is now a celeb favourite (even Victoria Beckham is rumoured to be a fan!)


It has a nourishing formula and a 3.4g pot can be yours for only $14 (approx £9) from Royal Apothic!


Yet another full-sized product is this beautiful Essie polish! This is most definitely my favourite from the box, and is simply stunning! It paints on a gorgeous bronze colour... But wait, there is more! It's a magnetic polish, and the effect from it is absolutely stunning. I'm definitely going to swatch this one up for you as soon as I can!


You can find Essie polishes in selected Boots stores, and also on their website, with this polish coming in at £9.99 for 13ml.


The final product of the box is So Susan's "Rose Quartet" lip & cheek palette and it also appears to be 'full-sized'. So Susan seems to be a popular brand with Glossybox and I must say I haven't been disappointed so far. Though, this product (I think it's the size of it) seems more like something I'd give to a child to mess around with rather than use myself. And I also personally wouldn't use any of the colours on my cheeks (I'm not really into the cream-blushers though), but the formulas of each seem nice and the range of colours is cute!

You can get this sized palette consisting of 4g for £8 at So Susan's website

There was one more product in the Glossybox this month though! A cute little roll of Love Hearts. 
Definitely my favourite box ;)


Time for some totals I think then!
This box is worth £51.47!

The total of all 6 boxes during the subscription is... £253.30!
Wowsers...
And I paid only £75 for the 6-months, meaning I gained almost £180 worth of items- definitely not complaining here!

Overall, I think my feelings towards this are that it's such a great concept and it's obviously financially worth it assuming that you'll use all the items in each and every box- but the items can get a bit repetitive and are also a bit hit-and-miss to what you might want or need and what you get. So if you like to take a gamble and have the money to spare then go for it!

Thanks for reading and joining me on my Glossybox journey! I shall see you all on Wednesday for another post!

Will you be buying a Glossybox subscription? Or do you prefer the other beauty boxes out there? I'd love to know, just drop me a comment below!

Comments

  1. I'm so jealous that you got the Essie polish. I got a rubbish hair treatment thing. I agree with the So Susan comment, my first thought was that I'll give it to my 7 year old niece!

    Sam x
    www.thenailandbeautyfiles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no! I'm so glad I got it hehe, I'm quite sick of hair products now. I'm glad you agree with the So Susan thing though :)
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Holy crap 10 £ for a stinking razor?! (pardon my french) I'm, well, I don't see why I'm so shocked, the price is the same in Croatia as well LOL. The packaging of the lip balm looks so elegant, I see why VB would like it, and I'd like it because of her, even though I'm not into lip balms at all LOL
    The eyeshadow looks cool as well. I'm glad the subscription payed off :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. £10 is crazy for over here! Haha, the lip balm does look really elegant yes! I'm actually not 100% sure I'll use the eyeshadow, the shade is quite dark but I'll give it one chance at least :)
      Thanks for reading & the comment!

      Delete
  3. So jealous! Mine will be arriving too, but I'm away visiting my parents until Sunday. I want to play with pretty goodies! Haha! Just hope the post office will keep it that long. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! I hope you get some good items in it, too! :D x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a