Skip to main content

Freckles Polish Franken Kit!

Hello dears!
Hope everyone had a fab week and is ready for the weekend! Even if you aren't ready for it, it's here anyway ;)
Please note that this post is very image-heavy, so anyone with a weak or slow internet collection has my greatest apologies! (Ironically, this includes myself)

So earlier this week I got my first ever Indie Polish delivery, from none other than Freckles Polish!



A photo posted by Nail Parade! (@nail_parade) on


And along with those three pretties (which are Drew Peacock, Decedants of Salem and It's Not Fir) came a Franken Polish kit which I ordered. 

A photo posted by Nail Parade! (@nail_parade) on


In this beautiful kit came 4x 10ml bottles of suspension base (with mixing balls), 8 bags of glitter (your choice of colour and style), 4 bags of mica colour pigment (again, your choice of colour), 1 mini funnel, 1 mini scoop, 2 wooden stir sticks and a set of plastic nails to test the polishes on. 

Basically, enough to make four of your very own nail polishes- how exciting!?
I made these four!

A photo posted by Nail Parade! (@nail_parade) on


It was super easy to do, too, so I hope you're all ready for a little how-to!
First of all, you can see it can get a little messy, so make sure you have something covering the surface you're working on!


Then gather all of your bits and pieces! This is what's going into the purple :)



Add the mica pigment into the bottle (hint: use the funnel and the scoop!) I generally added 3/4 of the bag and then tested it before I added anymore onwards, which I did a scoop at a time. The kit didn't come with any instructions on how much to use, so I just kinda went with it...


Anyway, then just give the bottle a good ole shake and you'll get a pretty polish! I have absolutely no idea if you can mix mica colours (if anyone knows the answer to this I'd love to know) so I didn't give it a go this time round. 


After a little bit of tweaking, and a bit more mica added, I ended up with that lovely shimmery lilac colour on the left! Now comes the super fun part...


...Time to add the glitter!


I added in some tiny lavender squares, a metallic blue glitter mix, and a couple of scoopfuls of large purple circles. Cute, huh!?


I dabbled in naming these, too, because why not! The purple one I've called Lavender Moon as the blue glitter reminds me of Space and the larger purple circles are a little like planets or moons themselves!


This green one has been deemed "Miss Moss" and prides a green base with pale green matte hexes and a green metallic glitter mix. 



"Call Me Coral" is the next which I've named! Behold this coral coloured polish playing host to some golden hex coloured sequin! The remainder of the large pink circular glitters are also in here but they seem to be shy...


The final polish is the one I had planned from the start. It's a very dense dark blue glitter base, with added blue metallic glitter, charcoal holo glitter, and holo stars. I've named it "The Companion" as I was aiming for a Doctor Who theme, and the TARDIS is the only thing that never truly leaves the Doctor. (cough, nerd alert)



It's a tad frustrating to take off but I'm super happy with how it turned out, and would definitely like to dabble in the World of Indie Making again, or at least buy another kit... 
I tried out the Companion as a part of a mani, which you can see here, paired with Models Own's Indian Ocean. 



The holo quality of it is just perfect :D 

You can grab this kit from Freckles Polish right here
If you get one, I definitely want to see what you make so don't forget to tweet me @nail_parade or post on the facebook page! 

If you could make any polish- any colour, any style, any glitter etc- what would you make, and what would you call it? Also, what are your thoughts on Indie Polishes? Do you, or would you, buy them?
Leave me a comment below!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Comments

  1. This is such a good idea - I've never heard of these kits before! The results look so nice too.
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should check the kit out :)

      Delete
  2. Miss Moss looks like the kind of polish I'd love to buy! :D Stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It means a lot :D Maybe one day I'll make my own indies and be able to send you one ^^ <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...