Skip to main content

The Ten Polishes of Christmas

Why have The Twelve Days, when you can have The Ten Polishes?
Here are quite simply, my top ten polishes to wear at Christmas time! (In no particular order!)

Remember that you can click any image to view a larger version of it! :D
Let's begiiiin! Woo!



Barry M "Foil Effects Gold"
A beautiful gold colour- it's shimmery, a great formula, very metallic and is easy to remove! The only bad thing about it is that it's slightly streaky if you look up close.






Barry M "Textured Royalty Glitters"
ALL THE COLOURS! All of the colours are amazing, sparkly, beautiful, just perfect for Christmas!










If you want a more in-depth analysis of them, check out these posts
*Duchess (Beige)
*Majesty (Gold)
*Princess (Pink)
*Countess (Purple)
*Lady (White)

Barry M Matte- "Crush"
A gorgeous deep wine red with a beautiful matte finish- perfect for the more subtle and sophisticated Christmas look. The polish has amazing colour and coverage, and is pretty much a must-own!



Barry M "Emerald"
Another of the Barry M Metallics, and just like it's friend (the Gold), it is super shimmery, super metallic and also easy enough to remove! :D And this time, it's not streaky!







Essie "Jag-U-Are"
What a wonderful (time of the year...) *ahem* I mean, red! Once again, perfect for this time of year as it has a slight glimmer when catching the light. It's formula is amazingly gelly-like, which makes it super easy to apply. Simply beautiful and pairs very very nicely with the Barry M Gold and Barry M Emerald! It also has a slight pinkish tint which seems to appear more in pictures than in person- it is a LOT more of a true-red on your nails :)







 I also have a lipstick-balm thing that matches this pretty much perfectly! :D Say hello to Rimmel's Colour Rush Lip Balm in "The Redder The Better" (Also less pink in person...)


OPI "Live or Let Die"
Despite this being from a James Bond collection, and having an extremely semi-unhappy name, this polish is perfect for the dark horses out there! It's a beautiful dark shimmering green, with the shimmers in gold and is literally one of those polishes that you can wear day and night without it being too over the top!





(The photo's with flash on had it turning out a little blue for some reason- my bad!)

OPI Liquid Sand "What Wizardry is this?"
Recognise this? You should... I think I've mentioned this polish SO MANY TIMES already on this blog, but literally- it's just one of *those* perfect polishes. (And I don't say that lightly!) If you haven't seen it before, it's a super sparkly beigey brown colour and it's perfect for all times of year. In the Summer it reflects the sunlight in the most beautiful way, through to Autumn where it matches pretty much everything in the World's orange, red and brown glory, carrying us over to Winter where it's just so shimmery that it's like a coloured snow (in a good way guys, in a good way...) and then through to Spring it's just brilliant again! Just amaaaazing! *dies*
I don't actually have many pictures of this for some reason, I'll have to wear it and take more... (enter sarcastic "gutted!")



Models Own "Sterling Silver"
I covered this polish quite recently- so you can read the full review *here* :) But simply, it's, once again, very sparkly, and amazing colour, and yeah... I'm starting to feel quite repetitive now ^^;





(Note that an alternative to this, with a little bit more variety in reflective colour, is Nails Inc's Holographic polish Westbourne Park)

Revlon "Mistletoe"
Another one for the dark-lovers, Mistletoe brings across the Christmassy element with more than just it's name. Seriously, you think the others were shimmery? This one is even more so- and, it's a dark silver already, to remind you of those dark winter Christmas nights! It also has a slight green tinge to it- as well as a slight blue/purple one, depending on the light!








Models Own "Jack Frost"
And the final polish here is a glitter polish called Jack Frost- how Wintery! :D It's literally one of the most beautiful glitters I've ever seen, as it contains little silver sparkles, holographic sparkles, and blue sparkles and it's just amazing! The formula is very thick and gel-y and when it dries it's kinda like a mist on top of the original polish you put on with a lot of sparkle. It's just amazing! :D

(Over the top of Barry M Gelly "Blue Plum")







Ta-daaaa!!
I do hope you like these, and go try out some of the polishes! (They're SO worth it!!)

And for the last part of festive spirit left in me, I leave you with this image (totally how I feel right now too muahahaha)

And that is all from me, but make sure you check out some of these lovely lady's posts from the links below, and also don't forget to leave a comment below, follow my Twitter and Like the Facebook page! :D

Thank you for reading, goodnight and Merry Christmas!

xxx

Comments

  1. oh wooooow! so pretty! my fav is the Textured Royalty Glitters in pink!
    love your blog! just followed!
    follow back?
    http://lynzical.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I don't think I could pick a favourite tbh hahaha, followed! :) xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a