Skip to main content

The Pink Ribbon| Breast Cancer Awareness Week

Hello again :)
So today was a major fail on the design front... it kind of worked, but not really.
In short, I salute all of you who do ribbon designs! They aren't easy to do at all!
Anyway, on with the show!

How You Can Raise Awareness
Give money to cancer research charities, such as Cancer Research UK, Breast Cancer Campaign, Breakthrough and Marie Curie.

Tuesday's Design- The Pink Ribbon
I feel like this is the 'typical' design that people use for supporting a breast cancer cure, featuring the pale pink ribbon. 
Let's just say that a dotting tool was soooo not the tool that should be used to draw the ribbon. Won't be making that mistake again!
So everybody, my biggest apologies for the mess that is supposed to be a ribbon on my ring finger there. Shan't happen again!


(I'm only showing one hand because the other one is extremely bad- even the dots look bad...) 
I'm going to assume that the messiness of the design is because I did it at around midnight. Woopsies!

Polishes Used:
  • Leighton Denny- "Spoil Me" (base colour)
  • Rimmel London Long Lasting Colour- "Baby Pink" (ribbon/spots)
Have some more pictures, anyway!


I guess the ribbon is the most common design for this sort of thing because it's a recognised symbol to show that you care...
Anyway! Check out the first post if you missed it! (Clickety Click)
And keep your eye out for tomorrow's!

~Rachel x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2nd Blogiversary!

Hey everyone! It's officially the 2nd year of blogging over here on Nail Parade,  and I honestly can't believe that this is it, the two year mark already. I remember sitting in sixth form deciding to do this as a bit of a 'why not' thing and here I am now sitting in my room in Manchester still writing it, and loving it, after two whole years. It's really crazy!

"Where did all my money go!?"

What's this- an extra post!? I told you it would happen! Before we get started, please note that other titles for this post were considered, including "Bye bye student loan", "Nails over Food" and also "Oh poo, now I'm skint" So basically, one night...I went shopping. I have only one regret, and that is how much money I spent! In total, I got 6 parcels within 2 or 3 weeks, consisting of 19 polishes, 1 "Bling it On" kit, 1 set of nail strips, 1 eyeshadow palette, 7 stamping plates, 1 nail-studs wheel, 1 pack of nail stickers, 6 packs of water decals, 1 (tiny) pack of nail-studs and finally, 2 rolls of nail foils!

Return of the Blogger

Howdy! How are you all? Me? I'm great! My second year of university is (finally) over, and I am so, so ready for the summer to get started - although the Manchester weather seems to be preventing this. The nail course I was doing is also over, so I'm one step closer to becoming a nail technician if my degree happens to go down the pothole (which hopefully it doesn't, because the world needs animals now more than ever in my opinion). So basically, I'm back to being 99% stress free, and extremely bored with hardly anything to do. And so, I have returned to you delightful people (if you are still there) and to any of you who join me to walk on the path of Nail Parade from this point forwards. What's the plan then? I'm gonna mess around with the blog layout a little, to start with, I think! I'm also planning lots of exciting swatches, and nail art funs for you all mixed in with the occasional book review, travel and lifestyle posts, as always, and probably...