Skip to main content

Down the Rabbit Hole!

Hey gals!

Today I'm sharing a mani with you containing some clock water decals and some dry water-marbling. What? Dry water marbling!? Prepare to be amazed...





Basically for the starting the blue/green water marble, you do the normal drops in the water technique, and then instead of dipping your finger into it, you leave the whole design to dry in the water (usually around 3-4 hours, though you can leave it over night). Then remove it carefully from the water and apply it to your nail by painting on a clear coat of polish and leaving it until it's tacky. Then just seal the design on with a topcoat and remove the excess with polish remover.

I cut my design up after removing it from the water to make it a little less fiddly.


For the marble, I used Barry M Gelly polishes in Kiwi, Blue Grape and Damson.


For the background of the clock nails, I first used two coats of Leighton Denny's "Opaque Elegance" and then randomly sponged on Models Own's "Chrome Rose" and "Chrome Gold" to give a slight tarnished look. 


The water decals, as per usual, were super easy to apply (I'll do a tutorial sometime ^^) and also super cute (and from Born Pretty Store). 




One of my friends said that they reminded her of Alice in Wonderland, with the pocketwatch-like clocks and the swirls, just like when Alice fell down the rabbit hole :) And hence the title of today's post!

Don't forget that you can use the code REEG10 to grab 10% off full-priced items on Born Pretty Store


So what do you think of this mani? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Thanks for reading, catch you all on Monday!

Comments

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 2nd Blogiversary!

Hey everyone! It's officially the 2nd year of blogging over here on Nail Parade,  and I honestly can't believe that this is it, the two year mark already. I remember sitting in sixth form deciding to do this as a bit of a 'why not' thing and here I am now sitting in my room in Manchester still writing it, and loving it, after two whole years. It's really crazy!

Return of the Blogger

Howdy! How are you all? Me? I'm great! My second year of university is (finally) over, and I am so, so ready for the summer to get started - although the Manchester weather seems to be preventing this. The nail course I was doing is also over, so I'm one step closer to becoming a nail technician if my degree happens to go down the pothole (which hopefully it doesn't, because the world needs animals now more than ever in my opinion). So basically, I'm back to being 99% stress free, and extremely bored with hardly anything to do. And so, I have returned to you delightful people (if you are still there) and to any of you who join me to walk on the path of Nail Parade from this point forwards. What's the plan then? I'm gonna mess around with the blog layout a little, to start with, I think! I'm also planning lots of exciting swatches, and nail art funs for you all mixed in with the occasional book review, travel and lifestyle posts, as always, and probably...

"Where did all my money go!?"

What's this- an extra post!? I told you it would happen! Before we get started, please note that other titles for this post were considered, including "Bye bye student loan", "Nails over Food" and also "Oh poo, now I'm skint" So basically, one night...I went shopping. I have only one regret, and that is how much money I spent! In total, I got 6 parcels within 2 or 3 weeks, consisting of 19 polishes, 1 "Bling it On" kit, 1 set of nail strips, 1 eyeshadow palette, 7 stamping plates, 1 nail-studs wheel, 1 pack of nail stickers, 6 packs of water decals, 1 (tiny) pack of nail-studs and finally, 2 rolls of nail foils!