Skip to main content

Mail: First Glossybox!

Hey everyone!

So today is quite literally a "Mail" post... as in, I received this in the mail! (Feel free to laugh...)
Yes, it is indeed, my first Glossybox!


I've been looking at Beauty Boxes for a while, and settled on the Glossybox 6-month subscription. Thank you government for student loans! I think I got a little carried away with spending this week mind- you'll see what I mean tomorrow...

Anyway! This month's box was designed by Karen Millen, as you can see there, and the design is sooooo beautiful! I think I'd pay £10 just for the box! The packaging gets even more adorable as you open it up, too...



Aww... So cute! So let's move on to the stuff that was inside, shall we? You get 2 cute little cards- one explaining what was in the box and prices and stuff, and the other telling you the theme of next month's box (which is super exciting!), and this month there's also an extra card with a voucher on it! For some posh designer fashion store that I'll never spend money at... But oh well! On to the stuff...


First of all, the least exciting (to me anyway) products. Two sachets of 3.5 ml "Enzyme and Acid Peel Peeling Gel" - worth £3.05 each (full-size product £89.99 for 180ml), and a sachet of 2ml "Dark Circle Eraser" eye cream - worth £6.49 (full-size product £44.99 for 15ml) both from the brand "SkinPep"
Wow these are expensive products... I wouldn't generally buy them because I'm happy with my current skin-care items, but it's always nice to change it up a little. I guess I'll just go with the flow here!


Next is a "Glossybox fave"- L'Oreal Professionnel "Mythic Masque", which is a hair masque, designed to nourish and replenish hair for an effortlessly glossy-looking result! It looks pretty decent, though again I'm happy with my hair care at the minute, but it'll be super nice to try!


This product is worth around £5.81 (75ml), and the full size costs £15.50 for 200ml. Not too bad! 


Next is a full size product. Introducing ModelCo's "More Brows Fibre Gel". I have 2 issues with this product... As in- 1) I don't need it, my eyebrows are bushy enough thanks! 2) My eyebrows are super dark, and this... well, this isn't, as you can see. 


But basically, this product is like a brow-mascara that contains little fibres to make your eyebrows look fuller and thicker without having to use some sort of treatment. It's a good idea, just... not for my eyebrows. 


Considering the above, I can't really review this without looking like a complete idiot. So...yeah. This will be passed on to a friend I reckon!
If you think it'll be a good product for you, you can pick it up at modelcocosmetics.com for £14.95 for 3.5ml. 


Next I have a "Silky Cream Blusher" from GOSH Cosmetics for you! In the shade 001 Tropical Breeze, which is an interestingly bright orange... 
It's another full-size product, which can be bought for £6.99 from superdrug. You're basically supposed to directly spread it onto your cheeks and then blend it in with your fingers- I had a brief attempt at this and it just wouldn't blend out, resulting in bright orange lines on my face- what I've always wanted! 


I'm sure in some shades this blusher would look pretty amazing, but in bright orange- really GOSH? All I can say is if you have pale skin, don't get this shade of blusher unless you want to look like a dorito. 


Finally, I bring you the false eyelashes which were included. These are also a full-sized product (which is good, cause otherwise you'd have one set of eyelashes instead of a pair!)


They come with a cute little "applicator" (which is really an odd-shaped pair of tweezers) and a bottle of eyelash glue. 


They're super cute, and have a really nice curve to them. Personally, they're somewhere between the line of 'natural falsies' and 'false falsies' if that makes sense. They're too much to be natural, but too little to be super false. I've included a few images at different angles so you can see all the cool curves and stuff. 




Those pretty eyelashes are worth £4.99 and can be bought at Boots! 

So, in summary, the total 'worth' of the box is: £45.33
But... the only items I'll probably use are the eyelashes (very occasionally), the hair masque, and the sachet. Which comes to £23.39. That's still around double of what I paid for the box though, so I can't really complain!
Overall though, I'm pretty disappointed with my first Glossybox. But next month's theme is so exciting! I literally can't wait to see it!

If you noticed earlier, I'm doing a post for tomorrow! Simply because I spent loads of money and bought lots of things, so I'm gonna share them with you! (My cards are staying at home this week I think!)
So make sure you check back then, and if you haven't already, go and enter my giveaway to win a NEW Barry M Showgirl Mascara!

Comments

  1. I've been considering getting a Glossybox for a while but can never decide! I think, like you, the only things I would use would be the lashes (v. occasionally) and the hair mask, not sure I can justify it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it's a very hit-and-miss thing, though I have very very very high hopes for the October box (which is "Pop Art", they've officially announced it now so it's okay to say!). I'm actually unsure if the 'theme' thing just relates to the artwork on the box or not... but I'm hoping not and that we get loads of brightly coloured things like eyeshadows and nail polishes and lipsticks. *crosses fingers*
      So if that's the kind of thing that interests you more, keep an eye out for some posts on that box from any blog (as well as mine :P), you may want to just get a month subscription so you can just get the one box :) x

      Delete
  2. I really love the idea of these boxes - I think I have enough friends and family who would take the bits that I wasn't able to use, possibly as part of Christmas hampers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a brilliant idea!!! I'm so glad you thought of putting things in Christmas hampers because I hadn't even considered it. Thanks :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m